PINK - ATLAS sewing machine -

Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Default PINK - ATLAS sewing machine -

Hi all- I just got a neat PINK sewing machine - ATLAS - I think they are kinda rarer but I don't know much about them...anyone out there got one of these? I really would like a free manual for it (I found a manuel on ebay for $10..) tHis one has some issues........going to have to be rewired, it has raw wires showing........missing the top spool holder.....it was on ebay and the add was not too close to the actual machine......the add showed stitches done on it and said it had recently been checked out in the shop..........obviously not............no way I would plug it in with those wires showing like that........
Old 01-03-2014, 07:16 PM

Why aren't you filing a report via ebay and sending it back? If it's not as represented, you should send it back.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 PM

I'm glad you have the good sense not to plug in. I'd think a seller could get in serious legal trouble by making false claims and Lord forbid someone gets hurt. Post a pic of your Pink Atlas and most likely someone can recommend a site with a free manual.

If the price you paid for the Pink Atlas reflects that of a machine in tip top shape, I do as Candace suggests and return it. If you paid bargain prices and don't mind some rewiring I'd keep it and chew out the seller.

Jon

Last edited by jlhmnj; 01-03-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 AM

Got pictures? Only you can judge whether you should file a claim or not but at the very least I hope you bashed the seller's feedback noting the machine wasn't as claimed by the seller no matter what the price or whether you're going to keep it or not.
Rodney
Old 01-04-2014, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

You just need a brother straight stitch manual. You might find a Utube video if you search. Wiring can be done. Is the spool pin missing or do you need to pop it out? The one on mine you push on it and it pops out. Shipping could put the tension off. It is a good thing to learn how to adjust it yourself.

Last edited by miriam; 01-04-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

I have a Pink Atlas, she is a very pretty girl!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Thanks for your suggestions....it is so pretty, I hate to send it back.......cost was $200.00 for a perfect machine, which it is not......wondering what it will cost to get it rewired.........I think I am going to email the seller and tell him that he needs to refund about half of what I paid him, to pay for the rewiring that it obviously needed BADLY........the case is a total wreck too.....but I wasnt going to use that anyway, I planned to put it in a cabinet (that I got for $10.00 at Salvation army store).........anyone know where I can find a manuel for it? I tried ISMACS and didnt find it......
Old 01-11-2014, 02:13 PM

I rarely find free manuals. I pay $10-30.00 for them online. $30.00 if they are an original. Depends on how badly I need one. I believe you might have been a victim of bait and switch. Hope you find one...
Old 01-11-2014, 02:23 PM

4dogs, I am very sorry for your experience.

If someone really is out there misleading people and charging a lot, I would encourage you not to hesitate to blow the whistle. And if you do send it back, don't worry; there are and will be others!

Good luck to you.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
.......cost was $200.00 for a perfect machine, which it is not......wondering what it will cost to get it rewired...............
if it got so many issues, $200 is a stiff price to pay. manual wouldn't help. email the seller right away and mentioned your issues. he need to do something about it and you also. if it's me, i will get eBay's involvement.