Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/featherweight-club-do-you-have-featherweight-if-so-post-here-so-you-can-all-chit-chat-everyone-welcome-t124727.html)

craftybear 05-21-2011 12:42 PM

Do you have a Featherweight if so plese post here so you can all chit chat with each other. Have fun!

I am still looking for one! I sure hope I can find one this year.

Craftybear

deplaylady 05-21-2011 12:49 PM

I bought one a couple of weeks ago, but its away being cleaned and won't come home to play until after Memorial day. (Yep, the sewing shop is that backed up!) I scored some really cool extra attachments today for $15, so I am pretty excited about that.

zipit 05-21-2011 12:51 PM

I have a well loved 221 and a pristine 222.

Stitchnripper 05-21-2011 12:52 PM

I got mine last year - I had been looking at every garage sale/estate sale/thrift shop in my area. I am a regular. Also lost some bids on ebay. On a road trip I saw a sign for an antique mall, and since it was right off the interstate I gave it a chance. I walked in, turned right, and there it was. Paid $150, I think, and it had a bobbin case. No carrying case or attachments, but after all that looking I figured I could be very happy with just the machine. And I am. It has a great stitch and I love the little hum it makes.

jacee kay 05-21-2011 01:20 PM

I have a white one. I have had problems with it but Dave Mccallem has helped my husband fix the motor and I sent him the foot pedal to fix. It is on the way back so I hope to be able to use her again soon.
She is a awesome machine.

hoppyfrog 05-21-2011 01:25 PM

I was lucky. On E-bay I was the only one to bid on a 221 about a year ago. Got her for $200. She's in very good condition and sews like a dream. I took a class on how to maintain her to keep her purring which is quite simple.
I'm looking for a centennial since my birthyear is 1951, yes, I'm going to be 60 in a few weeks, ouch. Would also love to have a 222 but so far they're out of my price range.

suzee 05-21-2011 01:27 PM

I just bought one on e-bay last week and am eagerly awaiting her arrival. I'm a little nervous about what condition she may be in, but hopefully a little TLC will have her singing again soon.

lots2do 05-21-2011 01:35 PM

I have two black ones. One from Ebay and the other was gifted to me by my DMinL a few years after I got the first. Thought about selling the first but DH persuaded me to keep it.

MamaBear61 05-21-2011 01:42 PM

I have one that I got on ebay a few weeks ago and it has become my RV machine. It seems to sew perfectly after a very minor adjustment on the bobbin tension.

cctx. 05-21-2011 01:54 PM

I have a 301A Long bed, did I make the grade.....?