Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Crossstitcher 06-27-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by Charlee

Originally Posted by sew wishful

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
There is a mocha Singer 301 in a trapazoid cabinet for $100.00 in Western Massachusetts (Ludlow) for anyone who may be interested. The cabinet may need some work but the price is awesome. Here is the link: http://westernmass.craigslist.org/hsh/2458727711.html

This is the machine I've drooled over!! I want it so badly!! Why does it have to be so far away???

Did you want mocha or black? Look at his one... if I hadn't just brought two machines home, I would have definitely gone for this one. I love the cabinet!

http://kpr.craigslist.org/hsh/2462561373.html

Yikes! DH just said, "if you think you can handle it (meaning $$), go ahead and get that machine.

What do you think I should offer on it? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'd offer $100 and go up to $125...it IS a nice cabinet and machine! :)

Thanks. That sounds great to me. :-D

I second what Charlee said the cabinet seems to be in great shape and getting the attachments and book is a bonus.

SewExtremeSeams 06-27-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
This is my new treadle, that belonged to my great- grandmother. I would like to know how to date it. Also, I need to replace the carraige that the bobbin shuttle fits into. Any ideas on where to get the part for it? Anyone have extra parts for The Free No.5? I am going to call a local repairman. The machine was in Illinois, I brought it with me to Georgia.

How very special to have your great grandmother's sewing machine. It is beautiful and so is the cabinet. :-D

missgigglewings 06-27-2011 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to share this with you: I love looking at all the old machines but have never bought one till this past weekend. I found her at an estate sale for $10.00. She reminded me of a car I have wanted to own all of my life. A 1957 T-Bird with the port hole window. Had to be tourquoise! I will never own the car,but here is the next best thing. She sews the fastest I have ever see a machine sew and is so quiet! I have heard zippers that are louder! What do you think...ain't she purdy!

Miz Johnny 06-27-2011 07:27 AM

I love the old Brother machines. I have a yellow one that I refer to as "The Buick".

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I wanted to share this with you: I love looking at all the old machines but have never bought one till this past weekend. I found her at an estate sale for $10.00. She reminded me of a car I have wanted to own all of my life. A 1957 T-Bird with the port hole window. Had to be tourquoise! I will never own the car,but here is the next best thing. She sews the fastest I have ever see a machine sew and is so quiet! I have heard zippers that are louder! What do you think...ain't she purdy!

Crossstitcher 06-27-2011 07:27 AM

I'm not related to you in any way I don't think but, I have also wanted a 57-T Bird with the port holes ever since I first saw one. I too own a tourquoise machine which I will call Birdie.
Your machine looks great hope you have fun sewing on her.
I have a brother machine that is tan in color with all the jewelry and cams. I like sewing on her and she is quite also. Mine is a 1964 model and in a cabinet.

Miz Johnny 06-27-2011 07:28 AM

Beautiful cabinet. You might have to look for a donor machine for the part.

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
This is my new treadle, that belonged to my great- grandmother. I would like to know how to date it. Also, I need to replace the carraige that the bobbin shuttle fits into. Any ideas on where to get the part for it? Anyone have extra parts for The Free No.5? I am going to call a local repairman. The machine was in Illinois, I brought it with me to Georgia. my serial # is C78415

SewExtremeSeams 06-27-2011 07:33 AM

Beautiful machine! You and Crossstitcher must be related. How cool.

buslady 06-27-2011 07:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Found this in my truck upon return from a little VaCa we took last week. Can anyone help me ID it? She sure is a pretty blue!

Federal Japanese Made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217503[/ATTACH]

Badge for Federal
[ATTACH=CONFIG]217504[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 06-27-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Found this in my truck upon return from a little VaCa we took last week. Can anyone help me ID it? She sure is a pretty blue!

Ooops, your photo must not have loaded.

buslady 06-27-2011 08:03 AM

You were too quick!!!!