Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 03-11-2012 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5049616)
Oh my!!! I think you can get fined for getting together with other board members and not getting photos!! :D :D

So glad you had a good time!

I bet someone took pictures!

Nancy

BoJangles 03-11-2012 06:00 AM

Does any one have a slide plate for a Minnesota H? Joe or Jon didn't one of you tell us that the Minnesota parts were interchangeable with another machine - the Davis?

From what I can tell my Minnesota H was made by Domestic Sewing Machine Company and sold by Sears, although, it is confusing as ISMACS needle listing site says the Minnesota H was made by Davis and right below that it lists a Minnesota H made by Standard? To add to the confusion the White dating site claims the Minnesota H as a badged White? Interesting.

Nancy

Caroline S 03-11-2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5045903)
Hmmm....I'm not sure what I think about this hot pink 301. Part of me likes it and part of me thinks I'd go blind staring at it for a long period. http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-HOT-PINK...#ht_500wt_1221

Oh my! That is one HOT MAMA. That is one sewing machine DH would notice right away so I would have to be honest when he asks, "When did you get that one"? My Featherweight sat on the sewing table for weeks before he asked me when I got her. LOL.

BoJangles 03-11-2012 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5049694)
Does any one have a slide plate for a Minnesota H? Joe or Jon didn't one of you tell us that the Minnesota parts were interchangeable with another machine - the Davis?

From what I can tell my Minnesota H was made by Domestic Sewing Machine Company and sold by Sears, although, it is confusing as ISMACS needle listing site says the Minnesota H was made by Davis and right below that it lists a Minnesota H made by Standard? To add to the confusion the White dating site claims the Minnesota H as a badged White? Interesting.

Nancy

Ok in doing more research I found in ISMACS history of Sears sewing machines this quote. "In the 1930s, the Domestic vibrating shuttle sewing machines, the Minnesota New Model A and the Model H were phased out of production." So even ISMACS can't decide who made the Minnesota H?

Anyway, I need a slide plate!

BoJangles 03-11-2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by lovequilts722 (Post 5049068)
Hi all :)

I hope it's okay to join in the fun! I am thinking about buying a vintage Viking 6460. :) Looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Ok Lovequilts722, is it red? The only 6460 I have seen is red and it uses cams! Lots of us on this board have vintage Singers that use cams. The Rocketeer (500 series) and the 400 series! I hope you get the machine and if you do please post pictures.

Nancy

jlhmnj 03-11-2012 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5049694)

Nancy

Hi Nancy,
Might want to check Thayer Rags, don't think the Davis Minnesota's parts will work on a Domestic Minnesota.
Good Luck
Jon

lovequilts722 03-11-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5049803)
Ok Lovequilts722, is it red? The only 6460 I have seen is red and it uses cams! Lots of us on this board have vintage Singers that use cams. The Rocketeer (500 series) and the 400 series! I hope you get the machine and if you do please post pictures.

Nancy

Hi there! :)

Yes, it is red and a beauty! It was love at first sight, really. LOL I'm waiting on a tax refund on Tuesday then hopefully I will get her off Etsy if she hasn't sold by then. Cross your fingers! I will definitely post pics when I get her. I'm so excited! She comes with several cams... one has little dogs on it. :)

Miz Johnny 03-11-2012 10:06 AM

Gee, Nancy--you're such a good friend!!

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5046772)
I want to take part! I would have to take the Pfaff treadle and a few other jewels Miz Johnnny has - oh just to make her place less crowded you know!

Nancy

Miz Johnny 03-11-2012 10:16 AM

I love the 6000 series Vikings. (I have 3 here right now; at least 2 more than I need.) The thing I would caution you on is the cam stack--they tend to break in these old puppies, and are not the easiest thing in the world to replace. I replaced one, and am glad I tried it, but have no desire to do it again!! I do have an extra put away in case the one on my RED machine ever breaks!!

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5049803)

Nancy

vintagemotif 03-11-2012 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5049049)
Gee, we aren't asking for much are we? <GGG>

Yeah! I like to think grand; but first, I need to win the Lotto! :D