Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 05-30-2012 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5254980)
Thanks! :)

I'm really please with it...he said he figured these flowers would last longer and make me happier! :) He was right!

Just a preliminary test, she sews! Uses and 15x1 needle, and takes the same bobbin (20U) that my 115 takes. Not only does she sew, she also reverses! YAY!! :D

The stop action is tighter than a drum, as is the lever to drop the feed dogs. They both have had a drink of oil, and I'll try again later. The slide plate "spring" is broken and will have to be replaced. A metal shop can do that if I can't find one. She's never going to be gorgeous like she was when new, but I don't really care at this point...I think she's wonderful!! I think I'm going to name her "Liesl" a German form of "Elizabeth". :)

William figures that someone opened the lid and just let it fall at some time or another...it's broken loose from the rest of the cabinet and will need to gluing to fix. Skip has suggested that I pretty much leave the body of the cabinet alone and just restore the top and sides.

Liesl is a beautiful name! Sometimes the not so pretty machines work the best. Enjoy!

Candace 05-30-2012 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5254958)
Candace, my model is either a 117L or a 117K and no I don't know the difference between them but believe??? it is the stitch regulator selector but am totally not sure of that answer. The manual does not say what the letter designation for my machine is either.

Thanks for the info.!

Candace 05-30-2012 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5254980)
Thanks! :)

I'm really please with it...he said he figured these flowers would last longer and make me happier! :) He was right!

Just a preliminary test, she sews! Uses and 15x1 needle, and takes the same bobbin (20U) that my 115 takes. Not only does she sew, she also reverses! YAY!! :D

The stop action is tighter than a drum, as is the lever to drop the feed dogs. They both have had a drink of oil, and I'll try again later. The slide plate "spring" is broken and will have to be replaced. A metal shop can do that if I can't find one. She's never going to be gorgeous like she was when new, but I don't really care at this point...I think she's wonderful!! I think I'm going to name her "Liesl" a German form of "Elizabeth". :)

William figures that someone opened the lid and just let it fall at some time or another...it's broken loose from the rest of the cabinet and will need to gluing to fix. Skip has suggested that I pretty much leave the body of the cabinet alone and just restore the top and sides.

I let google be my friend:> I had never even heard of this manufacturer before. Where on earth did you find this treasure? You need to take me shopping some day. I don't know where any good hideyholes are.

Charlee 05-30-2012 09:43 PM

I saw it on Craig's List, but it was at the Bend Habitat for Humanity Re-Store... :) I'll take you shopping ANYTIME!! :)

miriam 05-31-2012 01:28 AM

Charlee, only two pictures come up - I want to see the machine too. Happy Anniversary!

Crossstitcher 05-31-2012 04:31 AM

Charlee and William Happy Anniversary! Nice Anniversary gift.

Charlee 05-31-2012 06:15 AM

:) Thanks everyone!

Miriam, sent you an email! :)

Janis 05-31-2012 07:53 AM

Charlee, Happy anniversary to you and your husband. What a wonderful gift he gave you for your ann. I love the flowers on your machine, and the cabinet will clean up great!

Nancy, I'm so glad that you got that red/pink machine. The color would make me smile just looking at it. All of my vintage machines are black.

Joba, congrats on the 99. I have 2, a 1924 99 with the big clunk metal foot petal, and a 1928 99-13 with the knee bar. I hope you can get one for your machine. If you need bobbins for it, don't get the Singer ones at Walmart or Joann's for it. They don't work!
Janis

Charlee 05-31-2012 08:04 AM

Joba, is that the kneebar I see behind the machine? Congrats on bringing home a pretty girl! :)

BZ quilting 05-31-2012 08:19 AM

Congratulations Charlee