Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 12-26-2012 11:47 AM

I figured he knew the race needs oil

J Miller 12-26-2012 03:19 PM

Cathy, Miriam,

Yes as far as I'm concerned "Tri-Flowing" is a word. :D I just added it to my hard drive memory LOL.

When I cleaned this machine I did pull the hook and bobbin carrier out. I had to it was a mess. Almost as much old solidified oil as the 127. I did lube it as well. But I just had one of those ..... kinda - sorta - maybe memories. Somewhere I saw some rust and even though it was cleaned off it might be the cause "IF" it was in the bobbin hook areas. I'll double check it and do some more Tri-Flowing.

Joe

miriam 12-26-2012 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5741909)
Cathy, Miriam,

Yes as far as I'm concerned "Tri-Flowing" is a word. :D I just added it to my hard drive memory LOL.

When I cleaned this machine I did pull the hook and bobbin carrier out. I had to it was a mess. Almost as much old solidified oil as the 127. I did lube it as well. But I just had one of those ..... kinda - sorta - maybe memories. Somewhere I saw some rust and even though it was cleaned off it might be the cause "IF" it was in the bobbin hook areas. I'll double check it and do some more Tri-Flowing.

Joe

That brain fog is what happens when you are cleaning a machine... ask me how I know.

We have LOTS of snow - drifts as high as my waist - Indianapolis has been shut down pretty much.

J Miller 12-26-2012 04:13 PM

They better get it plowed by Saturday, we just might come over.

Joe

miriam 12-26-2012 04:26 PM

The main roads get plowed - our side streets all wait until it melts off - and they don't discriminate... This is life in the big city, Joe.

J Miller 12-26-2012 04:47 PM

Yepper ..... Life in the big city. Same thing here. Once in a blue moon they'll plow and salt the residential streets. Not often.
That's is why I have a 4x4. Yeah, more than once I've needed it just to get in and out of my own drive way. Eeeee gads.

Joe

miriam 12-26-2012 04:53 PM

SALT??? You get SALT???

J Miller 12-26-2012 05:37 PM

Main streets are over salted. Vehicles rust out like mad. Residential streets once in a rare time.

J Miller 12-26-2012 05:39 PM

I found the noise in my 15-91. When the thread take up lever begins it's up sweep it makes that dry schuck sound. I've oiled the grove the little roller on the lever follows and the little wheel thoroughly. I wiggled it until I was sure the little roller is rolling freely.

So, I guess this machine is gonna make noise until it decides to stop. At least I know where it's coming from.

Joe

tomodachi1 12-26-2012 05:42 PM

miriam: I am interested in purchasing a 1940 221 singer featherweight. Please e mail me @mouse #copper.net
Thanks tomodachi (lois)