Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

purplefiend 04-02-2013 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5970379)
I have my current project on there but it is going slow and I am getting married next week. I have been a little busy with other things so, it may not be done until after then. I will post updated photos of it there when I have something new to show you there.
~G~

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!
Sharon

Mizkaki 04-02-2013 05:56 PM

KalamaQuilts,

Try this site for a downloadable HA-1 manual. It should be better from your machine than the Singer 15 manual.

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ion-manual.pdf

The Singer 15's bobbin area is the reverse of the Japanese ones and the Singer manual can be slightly confusing.

Cathy

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 5973223)
thanks everyone, re: feedback on clone manuals, I will go ahead and download the one from ISMACs

Sew Classic is a great site, I've been through it many times. and ordered stuff for my treadle of course :)

Another Singer question, are the post holes in their cabinets/desks consistent? My 15-90 pins are 10" outside to outside. Since i can't lift the 15-90 it better go into a sewing machine table methinks, or I'll never get to use it..

Miz Johnny 04-02-2013 08:28 PM

Yes, I've had several "non-Singer" class 15 manuals. They are usually very simple, often just 3 or 4 pages.

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 5972639)
Has anyone ever found a 15 clone that came with a manual? I've been searching for several weeks, to no avail.
Lots of Singer 15 but with 1941 or 1946 dates.
Mine is a 15-90 just like this with a different badge, am assuming with the colored tension they date to the 50's.

Were the Singer 15's truly identical to the clones?

SteveH 04-02-2013 08:50 PM

I have a quick (I hope) question... My DD would like to know if there are any "old curvy black" Electric sewing machines with really pretty decals AND reverse stitch. Not sure which to recommend and was hoping for some thoughts on the matter

blueheavenfla 04-02-2013 08:54 PM

Wow, what beautiful girls...watch the boys...they will be chasing after those gals soon enough as the years pass so quickly. Seems like just last week when some of my DGDs were that age and now 2 have babies and are celebrating their 5th wedding anniversaries. Enjoy these years and take lots of pictures. Sounds like you really have fun with your grands.

HelenAnn 04-03-2013 02:22 AM

I have a Minnesota L which I have been working on. I don't know much about it other than it also brought me to this site. I have been enjoying cleaning it up and getting to know it. I also live fairly close to the home of Sears (Redwood Falls, Minnesota) That is the reason I ended up buying the machine. I need a nut for the fly wheel and mine will be finished.

KalamaQuilts 04-03-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5973236)
The Singer machines and cabinets seem to be consistent for the post holes at least the vintage machines.

Thank you Miriam, am combing the county now :) The hunt is part of the fun!

irishrose 04-03-2013 12:20 PM

Y'all are such enablers. I haven't purchased anything in a while so I stopped at the Habitat resale shop. A Brunswick with gorgeous decals was there. Obviously made by National, but the cabinet was special in that the sides with the drawers were curved - sort of like upside down horseshoes. The machine needs cleaning and the cabinet needs refinishing but they have possibilities.

The only other machine was an early FashionMate - the # was in the 200s or 300s.

DogHouseMom 04-03-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5974148)
I have a quick (I hope) question... My DD would like to know if there are any "old curvy black" Electric sewing machines with really pretty decals AND reverse stitch. Not sure which to recommend and was hoping for some thoughts on the matter

What do you (she) mean by "old curvy black"? Curvy as in Fiddle Base ... or curvy as in a basic Singer shape (15, 66, 101 ... etc)?

Would she be opposed to slapping some decals on a basic black machine if she found one?

SteveH 04-03-2013 02:53 PM

Not Fiddlebase. I should have clarified.

Yes, 15,66,201, etc.

Not opposed to it but she see's machines like my new home with amazing artwork and wants one like that but also wants reverse/backtack.

I do have an old 66 that is thrashed and I could re-do it and add the $80 red-eye decal set but.....

Right now I am looking at 99/99K's as my best bet...

I would like to find a collector who has one and wants an older singer handcrank or my Blue SewMor, or something like that in my "trade-able" portion.