Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Quilt Mom 02-18-2012 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4986561)
OMG Gals and Guys! Wait til you see what Whigrose just picked up!!

HURRY Deb!! Get here and share!! :D

I did a little snooping, and I hope she posts a pic of what she picked up. Pretty amazing, if my search proves right...

Miz Johnny 02-18-2012 03:42 PM

Be patient and one will turn up. If I found one, you can too!

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 4986235)
Miz Johnny,

I also have 3 of these. All branded differently, one's a Davis, one's an Empress and the Western Electric. I sure would love a handcrank attachment for one of these National machines. I can dream, right?

Cathy

Charlee 02-18-2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom (Post 4986865)
I did a little snooping, and I hope she posts a pic of what she picked up. Pretty amazing, if my search proves right...

:) It's GORGEOUS!! I'm so freakin' excited for her!!

Charlee 02-18-2012 03:48 PM

Oh...and it's NOT the Foley & Williams... :)

Crossstitcher 02-18-2012 04:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of what my DH made for me. Made with 3/4" plywood and 3 pieces of 1/2" dowel. It holds 2 cone spools and a 10 penny nail in the middle holds 5 bobbins because I usually wind about 5 at a time when making a quilt. On the top of the middle dowel is a eye hook. I use this with all my machines and it works really well.

crewsemj 02-18-2012 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I made to hold my big spools of thread. It is a paper towel holder. You can add 3 more dowels around the edge and it will hold 4 spools of thread (just so they are handy)! Have 2 of them and have been trying to find a 3rd at the thrift store for my treadle machine. Now if someone would just come up with something to keep the bobbins full!! Did I mention I dislike filling bobbins????

MisDixie 02-18-2012 04:33 PM

See lots of you using cones, I put this thread up earlier today. I use a big kitchen table in my small sewing room, with 3 machines on it, and left a cone in the cone holder. Just a warning my friends, for those of us who use plastic machines!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...79865-new.html

Glenn 02-18-2012 06:04 PM

Hey Charlee I need a new tire for my WW8 do you have a source, it is rather a large one

vintagemotif 02-18-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by crewsemj (Post 4987041)
Here is what I made to hold my big spools of thread. It is a paper towel holder. You can add 3 more dowels around the edge and it will hold 4 spools of thread (just so they are handy)! Have 2 of them and have been trying to find a 3rd at the thrift store for my treadle machine. Now if someone would just come up with something to keep the bobbins full!! Did I mention I dislike filling bobbins????

That's a SWEET looking New Home! Decals look to be in beautiful shape!

I'm enjoying the thread holders and everyone's ingenuity.

LDNanna 02-18-2012 06:34 PM

Hi. I have just joined and am really enjoying reading here. I have two old darlings. One is a Singer 127 and the other is a 66-1 I think. The 127 is a well worn Memphis decal and the 66 is a Red Eye/Red Head. My husband got me the little 66 at a junk store and the 127 was given to us by a friend. I love them both. The 127 works the best. She came from a greasy storage room and the oil and grease from the oil field work there had hardened on it. It was a lot of work to free it up. The cabinet is still coated but the machine just hummmms!
That being said - I can't seem to get the bobbin winder freed up. It is so stiff and does not wind evenly. Does any one know if it can be adjusted or will it be better to try to find another?