Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

frudemoo 06-21-2013 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes (Post 6135776)
They wouldn't bargain down from $150.000 and a week later it was gone.

Wow, $150... was it at Savers?? :]

Sideways 06-21-2013 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First time posting in this thread, I'm just taking inventory of all the singers I have bought over the years and didn't know anything about them. I just loved them. Well I'm learning fast. Sometimes I read so much here my eyes hurt! Lol! This one is a 99 - AA547595 - 15,000 manufactured August 4 1925. It has the knee control. Wiring looks a little dicey but it moves well. I'm very excited. I didn't know I had two 99's!! Hope I got this right!

tessagin 06-21-2013 06:06 PM

Love this second one.

NL quilter 06-21-2013 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well thanks to the direction from some QB members on how to clean and oil this beauty, I now have a fully functioning Bernina Record 930 from the late 1970's.

It sews like a dream and so quiet.

Which I got for a whole $50!

manicmike 06-21-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo (Post 6136045)
Wow, $150... was it at Savers?? :]

There isn't a savers in Nunawading, but I was in Savers a few weeks ago and they had a nice Singer in its box (didn't check the model) for $45! They seem pretty cheap to me. The op shop nearest them, however...

BoJangles 06-23-2013 05:52 AM

Frudemoo I love your 222 Featherweight! I have 6 FW's, 4 black ones and 2 white (celery) colored, I would love to find a free arm! Congratulations on your 222!

Nancy

purplefiend 06-24-2013 08:20 AM

"Bernina Record 930 from the late 1970's.

It sews like a dream and so quiet.

Which I got for a whole $50! "

NL Quilter,
You got a wonderful machine for a great price. My daughter found one at the local Pfaff dealer for $300, hers was missing the extension bed and manual. My 930 cost me $700 minus the hard shell case,knee lift and extension table. We love sewing with our 930s, I'm quilting and binding baby quilts.
Sharon

frudemoo 06-25-2013 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 6138384)
Frudemoo I love your 222 Featherweight! I have 6 FW's, 4 black ones and 2 white (celery) colored, I would love to find a free arm! Congratulations on your 222!

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. That's an impressive collection!
After cleaning her I finally conceded defeat on the motor... I just don't know anything about motors and I want to get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing, so I took it to my LSMG. It felt like leaving my child there and walking away!!!

Well 'IT' has finally happened. A good friend of mine arrived at my place for dinner with his grandmother's Model 28 Singer handcrank machine..... TO GIVE TO ME!!!!! It seems the word is out - so now I don't even have to look at machines - I'll get the ones that belong to a friend of a friend of a friend, just looking for someone to love them. Apparently there's a Phoenix on its way as well! Pretty exciting stuff. I haven't had a spare second to even look her over properly, but I will and post pics ASAP.

grant15clone 06-25-2013 04:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sometimes the story is better than the machine. That is the case with this Brother Opus. I think I can piece together it's history. I found this machine in an old multilevel warehouse that was a lot of things over the years. It must have sold sewing machines at one time along the way. This machine got lost in the warehouse in the shuffle. The owners of the building were finally going out of business and had to clear everything out. It was never sold when it was new. It still has the paper Parents Magazine sticker on the slideplate and another sticker on the stop motion knob. If it was used the sticker on the slideplate would have been gone very quickly. I had found a complete NOS sewing machine, in tact, without a scratch on the machine. It was pristine but had it's issues too. Because it was never used the oil had dried up and it needed to be cleaned and oiled like any neglected machine. I did get everything unstuck and it is running again. It is really quiet and smooth.
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421006[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421007[/ATTACH]

nanna-up-north 06-25-2013 05:11 AM

WoW! What a find, Grant. I've only seen some rusted, parts missing machines lately. Of course, I'm not 'hunting' like I did last year. You have a gem!