Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

grant15clone 03-07-2012 11:30 PM

Ambassador Deluxe, Model 15 Clone made in Japan

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, I was doing some research and stumbled across this site. Like a lot of others, I was amazed at the machines, cases and cabinets. I hope I can do this right and post mine.
This is my baby. My Ambassador Deluxe, Model 15 Clone made in Japan. I had been looking for a machine to buy for about 4 months and didn't see anything I wanted or a price I liked. I'm SO glad I was patient. I went to an Estate Sale and saw her with a price tag of $10 with three boxes of attachments and accessories. I talked them down to $7.75! (don't ask me how) I had to get rid of that case though. I brought her home and she worked. After a little oil and some minor cleaning she just purrs. I purchased a 60's Kenmore in a cabinet and swapped the cabinet and case. Only one scratch, but no flaws in the chrome at all and the decals are perfect! I really don't know if it was really used. And I absolutely LOVE the color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]318155[/ATTACH]

Mizkaki 03-12-2012 01:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My newest machine. Haven't test run her yet, as I don't like the wiring.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]319346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319347[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319348[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319349[/ATTACH]

chris_quilts 03-12-2012 01:18 PM

Cathy; Love the table.

Glenn 03-12-2012 04:44 PM

What a wonderful cabinet and machine. I want one.....

BoJangles 03-13-2012 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5040985)
Wow, I was doing some research and stumbled across this site. Like a lot of others, I was amazed at the machines, cases and cabinets. I hope I can do this right and post mine.
This is my baby. My Ambassador Deluxe, Model 15 Clone made in Japan. I had been looking for a machine to buy for about 4 months and didn't see anything I wanted or a price I liked. I'm SO glad I was patient. I went to an Estate Sale and saw her with a price tag of $10 with three boxes of attachments and accessories. I talked them down to $7.75! (don't ask me how) I had to get rid of that case though. I brought her home and she worked. After a little oil and some minor cleaning she just purrs. I purchased a 60's Kenmore in a cabinet and swapped the cabinet and case. Only one scratch, but no flaws in the chrome at all and the decals are perfect! I really don't know if it was really used. And I absolutely LOVE the color.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]318155[/ATTACH]

Grant15clone, unbelieveable deal you got! We aren't suppose to discuss the machines here so I will keep this brief, but go to http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html and post this machine in the "15 clone" photo shop as well! Then we can all talk about your machine! Great color! Great shape! Congratulations. Thanks for posting, but please post in the 15 clone shop as well!

purplefiend 03-14-2012 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5054230)
Cathy; Love the table.

That looks just like my 99K, it came in a case like that and had a 220 volt motor on it when I bought it. Its a hand crank and came with the spoke wheel, so it was an easy conversion.
Sharon W.

Glenn 03-21-2012 03:57 PM

My new 27 Sphinx

2 Attachment(s)
Before pics

Glenn 03-21-2012 04:01 PM

27 Sphinx

3 Attachment(s)
After clean up

Mizkaki 03-26-2012 02:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Miriam posted on her PDA about memories of the old measuring device used in fabric stores.
A few years ago a friend gave me a meter made by the "Simplex Computing Measure Co.,
Metal Works Division of the Grand Rapids Show Case Co."
Miriam suggested that I post some pictures so here are a few pictures of mine. The first pix is the
Simplex with fabric in it. It still works! It sure does bring back memories.

Cathy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322892[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322894[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322895[/ATTACH]

purplefiend 03-26-2012 05:14 PM

I remember the Simplex fabric measuring device from when I was much younger, shopping for fabrics with my Mother and Grandmas.
Sharon W.