Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: problem with bobbin on "new" old machine

I just bought a Kenmore Electric Rotary Machine (1947) and I have everything figured out but I can not draw up a lower thread. Does anyone have any clues about how I can achieve this?

I imagine you are turning the handwheel toward you so that the needle goes down into the bobbin case. If the bobbin has been inserted correctly, the machine threaded correctly my only other suggestion is perhaps something is broken. I had an older singer do that and it had to have a (gear, lever or ?) replaced. I forget what exactly she called it. The machine looked to be in perfect condition and had been well cared for but it was still broken. It cost me $50 to have it repaired. Good luck with this.

Blog Entries
    Do you have the bobbin threaded in the bobbin case correctly? That happened to me once.

Blog Entries
    Try threading the needle from right to left if you are threading left to right. Some of the older machines thread opposite then what we are use to.

Thanks for your suggestions. My DH figured it out. He said I wasnt holding my mouth right LOL. He did exactly the same thing I did (over and over). He only did it once and poof it worked. Guess it will probably end up being his machine LOL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mysippycup2
    He said I wasnt holding my mouth right LOL.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    It might be a little bit out of time, which will prevent the top thread from picking up the bobbin thread. That happened to one of our machines.

Quote Originally Posted by mysippycup2
    Thanks for your suggestions. My DH figured it out. He said I wasnt holding my mouth right LOL. He did exactly the same thing I did (over and over). He only did it once and poof it worked. Guess it will probably end up being his machine LOL.
    Aren't men wonderful???

LOL this one is. He indulges my machine/fabric addiction. LOL sometimes I think he is as bad as I am ☺

Blog Entries
    I have the same issue with my new kenmore....I found out how to fix it...let me see if I can find the video...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast