Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
questions about my gift machine 115 >

questions about my gift machine 115

questions about my gift machine 115

Old 04-27-2016, 04:04 AM

Cathy (Macybaby) - I knew you would know. I remember seeing a bed mount hemstitcher on the web and I thought I had seen the instructions. I can't seem to find it now. I wish your photobucket hadn't gotten messed up (probably not as much as you do). I know you did a neat thread about hemstitchers, too bad the pictures don't show in the thread. Neat that you got the embroidery attachments. I watched a video of the single attachment working. Really fantastic piece to watch work. I've tried the Singer hemstitcher with the piercer, but wasn't very successful. I've also tried the hemstitch fork, again, not successful. I don't have any of the mock hemstitchers.

Lynda (lwbuchholz) & Mickey2 - I used John's really old (as far as software goes) Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE program which uses layers so that the text overlays. I looked at my old version of Paint and you can add text, but would have had to play more to see what it would do. I think that it makes a white box with the text in it. If it is attachments that you have, you could print out numbers and cut them to place next to the foot and take a picture like this -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548761[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the typos in my previous post. If you google "Embroidery Guide" (you may have to add "vintage"), there are a couple of sites that show it in use. I have a couple of the Yandell ones and I think there are some other companies that made them, too.

Lynda, have fun stitching with your 115.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails numberedattach.jpg