Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Quilts made using vintage machines! >

Quilts made using vintage machines!

Quilts made using vintage machines!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 PM

Nancy, the eggs are just too cute! Love all the bright colors.

Vintagemotif, I really like how you echoed the fabric pattern with quilting little flowers.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 AM

Thank you everyone!

Candace I bought my long arm off of Craigslist. The lady that had bought the machine new, never even set it up. She was so intimidated by the whole thing! It does take up a lot of space - over 10' long and sticks out from the wall about 50"s - that is the only thing bad about a long arm - I could get a lot more treadles in my sewing room if that machine were not there! Anyway, I got it from this lady who had never used it - so it was virtually a new machine! I paid half of what she had paid in the first place as I saw the receipts!

Monica, I love the rabbit ears! The quilting continuing the flower motif is really nice. That really adds to your quilt! Love it!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 03-29-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 AM

My first quilt on the FW for darling GD. She likes purple, LOL. My second ever quilt. Machine pieced and hand quilted.[ATTACH=CONFIG]323578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323580[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilts-002.jpg   quilts-003.jpg   quilts-004.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 AM

I bet your GD will love it. YOu hand quilted it too...wow!

Nancy, I'm coveting the Innova badly, so will wait until I can afford it. Just had to write the tax man a huge check, so the near future isn't likely:<
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
My first quilt on the FW for darling GD. She likes purple, LOL. My second ever quilt. Machine pieced and hand quilted.[ATTACH=CONFIG]323578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]323580[/ATTACH]
Jane, I love your quilt! Great job for second quilt! The batik fabric with the iris is very pretty. Lovely work with the embroidery signature block!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
Jane what a lucky GD! My Mother loved purple and so do I. Great job - love the color! I am very impressed with your hand quilting - I don't do that!

Nancy
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I bet your GD will love it. YOu hand quilted it too...wow!

Nancy, I'm coveting the Innova badly, so will wait until I can afford it. Just had to write the tax man a huge check, so the near future isn't likely:<
Candace the Innova is the one I wanted too, but I just couldn't afford it! I found this ad on Craigslist a couple years ago for a unopened HQ 16 for only $4500. I had to buy it! It had never even been taken out of the box and the table was brand new too! I saw her original receipts for the table, poles, machine, it had cost that lady almost $10000 a couple years before - and she put it in the garage. She never even opened it up! So how could I 'not' buy it? Anyway, I was tired of crawling around on my hands and knees for 2 - 4 hours hand pinning a queen/king sized quilt. My DH was tired of it too! Once they were pinned, though, I did really enjoy the machine quilting - but, it took me a month because I only worked on each quilt for an hour or so a day!

Nancy
Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 PM

I know there are women who buy expensive gadgets and never use them. Just floors me. I want the 22 or 26" one and am going to make DS buy some lotto tickets with the spare change the tax man left me:>
Old 03-31-2012, 05:03 AM

Here are two of my treadle machine quilts I"ve done this winter...love the treadle. so relaxing. I didn't machine quilt them with the treadle...too much stopping and starting. the first one is the 10/minute block, the second my box of strips. (didn't even put a dent in it) LOL
Attached Thumbnails treadle-quilts-002.jpg   treadle-quilts-003.jpg  
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
Here are two of my treadle machine quilts I"ve done this winter...love the treadle. so relaxing. I didn't machine quilt them with the treadle...too much stopping and starting. the first one is the 10/minute block, the second my box of strips. (didn't even put a dent in it) LOL
Linda, I love them both - but, especially the second one! That sashing is so rich looking and I love the really bright colors from your scraps! Are they both table toppers? You did a wonderful job!

Nancy