Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 57 of 171 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Nancy, the eggs are just too cute! Love all the bright colors.

Vintagemotif, I really like how you echoed the fabric pattern with quilting little flowers.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone!

Candace I bought my long arm off of Craigslist. The lady that had bought the machine new, never even set it up. She was so intimidated by the whole thing! It does take up a lot of space - over 10' long and sticks out from the wall about 50"s - that is the only thing bad about a long arm - I could get a lot more treadles in my sewing room if that machine were not there! Anyway, I got it from this lady who had never used it - so it was virtually a new machine! I paid half of what she had paid in the first place as I saw the receipts!

Monica, I love the rabbit ears! The quilting continuing the flower motif is really nice. That really adds to your quilt! Love it!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 03-29-2012 at 05:37 AM.

My first quilt on the FW for darling GD. She likes purple, LOL. My second ever quilt. Machine pieced and hand quilted.Name:  quilts 002.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  1.34 MBName:  quilts 003.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  1.04 MBName:  quilts 004.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  1.34 MB
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

I bet your GD will love it. YOu hand quilted it too...wow!

Nancy, I'm coveting the Innova badly, so will wait until I can afford it. Just had to write the tax man a huge check, so the near future isn't likely:<

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
    My first quilt on the FW for darling GD. She likes purple, LOL. My second ever quilt. Machine pieced and hand quilted.Name:  quilts 002.jpg
    Jane, I love your quilt! Great job for second quilt! The batik fabric with the iris is very pretty. Lovely work with the embroidery signature block!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
    Jane what a lucky GD! My Mother loved purple and so do I. Great job - love the color! I am very impressed with your hand quilting - I don't do that!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    I bet your GD will love it. YOu hand quilted it too...wow!

Nancy, I'm coveting the Innova badly, so will wait until I can afford it. Just had to write the tax man a huge check, so the near future isn't likely:<
    Candace the Innova is the one I wanted too, but I just couldn't afford it! I found this ad on Craigslist a couple years ago for a unopened HQ 16 for only $4500. I had to buy it! It had never even been taken out of the box and the table was brand new too! I saw her original receipts for the table, poles, machine, it had cost that lady almost $10000 a couple years before - and she put it in the garage. She never even opened it up! So how could I 'not' buy it? Anyway, I was tired of crawling around on my hands and knees for 2 - 4 hours hand pinning a queen/king sized quilt. My DH was tired of it too! Once they were pinned, though, I did really enjoy the machine quilting - but, it took me a month because I only worked on each quilt for an hour or so a day!

Nancy

I know there are women who buy expensive gadgets and never use them. Just floors me. I want the 22 or 26" one and am going to make DS buy some lotto tickets with the spare change the tax man left me:>

Blog Entries
    Here are two of my treadle machine quilts I"ve done this winter...love the treadle. so relaxing. I didn't machine quilt them with the treadle...too much stopping and starting. the first one is the 10/minute block, the second my box of strips. (didn't even put a dent in it) LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
    Here are two of my treadle machine quilts I"ve done this winter...love the treadle. so relaxing. I didn't machine quilt them with the treadle...too much stopping and starting. the first one is the 10/minute block, the second my box of strips. (didn't even put a dent in it) LOL
    Linda, I love them both - but, especially the second one! That sashing is so rich looking and I love the really bright colors from your scraps! Are they both table toppers? You did a wonderful job!

Nancy

Page 57 of 171 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 67 107 157 ... LastLast