Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 77 of 156 FirstFirst ... 27 67 76 77 78 87 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Charlee, Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing the dresses for Victorianna that you make using Katherine. Enjoy working with your 301!

Blog Entries
    This is a mini quilt. Pattern can be found at http://charisecreates.blogspot.com/2...ilt-along.html

The mini scissors are buttons that I found at JoAnn's. Fabrics are all scraps.
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-07-31 at 5.38.25 PM.png
Views: 317
Size:  1.54 MB

That's adorable! Is there embroidery on the black machine? It looks like there's something there, but I can't make it out.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

beautiful!

Stunning minis and Wow, Charlee, what a great job you have done with the doll. Years ago, I attempted a simple doll, but it ended up looking like a zombie....maybe now I'd be more successful. Look forward to seeing the dresses....my SIL has been making bride dresses for Barbie size dolls. She found a few wedding dresses at her local market and is cutting them up.

Blog Entries
    The mini quilt is well done and precious. Another way to honor our 'ladies'.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's adorable! Is there embroidery on the black machine? It looks like there's something there, but I can't make it out.
    Bennett, The embroidery is some pink thread running through the spool of thread. I have written on the machine Two Spools and added the Eldredge Two Spools motif to look like the decals ( see my avatar photo for that design), but it doesn't show up well on the photo. I'm going to have to find another medium to use for the ink to show on the black fabric. Here is another photo that does show some of the motif. Since the design is difficult to see against the black, it kind of reminds me of a machine waiting to get cleaned up and shined, the discovery of the hidden decals.
    Name:  IMG_4437.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  791.7 KB
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    The mini quilt is well done and precious. Another way to honor our 'ladies'.
    Thanks! That is what I thought too.

Okay, I see it now! Very creative.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Bennett, The embroidery is some pink thread running through the spool of thread. I have written on the machine Two Spools and added the Eldredge Two Spools motif to look like the decals ( see my avatar photo for that design), but it doesn't show up well on the photo. I'm going to have to find another medium to use for the ink to show on the black fabric. Here is another photo that does show some of the motif. Since the design is difficult to see against the black, it kind of reminds me of a machine waiting to get cleaned up and shined, the discovery of the hidden decals.

Thanks!
    Monica, this is AWESOME and I've already downloaded the pattern, thanks!!

To get your decals to show up better, underline them in white before using your gold pen, or underline in silver before the gold.. that's how the decals are on the machines!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Page 77 of 156 FirstFirst ... 27 67 76 77 78 87 127 ... LastLast