Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing machine aholics anonymous

Sewing machine aholics anonymous

Is there a group out there that can help. I just bought another sewing machine.:roll eyes: I can not stop.
    This is a viking 6430. I am up to 8 I think. I have got to quit. I have a necci that I bought new about 15 years ago that led to a new singer 2 years ago and has gone downhill ever since. Also have a Domestic rotary, a Kenmore rotary, a Brother, another old Singer, a Phaff and the viking. I think another is lurking under my cutting table.

Only 8 in 15 years? Doesn't sound like a problem to me. We're up something like 35 since early August. That's a problem! Major work on the van is going to put a dent into our habit for a while - not to mention lack of space for setting up/displaying the ones we have. That's good, though, as it will give me time to start cleaning/repairing machines and to make display bases for them.

Eight isn't too bad, I'm up to 11, but we're not in the minority. LOL

Blog Entries
    My name is Mary and I am a sewing machine junkie. I like it and don't want to change. Does that kick me out of Sewing Machine aholics anonymous?

Blog Entries
    I love all my machines, think there is about nine now. Have cut back due to lack of space. I cannot display them on their perspective tables due to lack of space which saddens be beyond belief. But I will muddle on, resisted two today at St. Vincent. I love your avitar, Queen. Might like to attempt that quilt top some day.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

I'm always a bit embarassed when my 11 year old daughter proudly proclaims that her mother has 16 sewing machines. (It might be a few more than that now...and I really only got started this summer.) I just love finding out about their history and what makes them tick

I think I may have to join. My interest in vintage machines has only really got going in the last two weeks and in that time I have acquired two treadles, two handcranks and an electric which brings my total number of sewing machines to 9.

Blog Entries
    I don't wanna know - wah - can't walk through.....
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I have my one Singer 99 "Grace" that I just stumbled upon while at Goodwill two months ago. I will buy more but only if I happen to come across them. I am not planning on hunting any down. But if a vintage machine crosses my path and I like it I would purchase it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I don't wanna know - wah - can't walk through.....
    Yeah, me too. Almost. It may get worse though when the house is filled, the garage is filled and the overflow has filled daughter's house. Uh oh, I think that "intervention time" is getting close!
    Sweet Caroline

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast