Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilters Anonymous - WA State

Does anyone belong to this quilting guild? Tonight is my first night that I am going to attend and I just wanted to know what to expect.

NOT ME...... :cry: :shock: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Me either. I have never heard of it. Be sure to let us know how it goes!! :D :D :D

That was freaky - just as I finished typing this a lady called me about the meeting tonight. Quilters minds must think alike

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a fun group :D:D:D

Pam
    Have fun, you are going to love being in a guild, they really help to keep you motivated. I belong to 4! As well as being an officer on an annual retreat committee.

Suzi,
    Where does this grp. meet?
    I'm from the Bremerton side of Puget Sound but am still 35 miles from Brem. I really need to find a grp. now.
    Pat

The meet in Edmonds a church off of 220th. The Edmonds/Kingston Ferry would be your best bet that way you don't have to drive I-5. Here is their website

http://www.quiltersanonymous.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyM
    The meet in Edmonds a church off of 220th. The Edmonds/Kingston Ferry would be your best bet that way you don't have to drive I-5. Here is their website

http://www.quiltersanonymous.org/
    Suzi, thanks for telling me. That's really far for me. I used to make that trip as a day out but won't be able to make it for a quilt grp. I'm so sorry about that. Hope you enjoy it.
    Pat

Pat G.
    Nice to hear from a voice in a familiar place. I grew up on Hood Canal on the North Shore (summers) about 4 miles east of Tahuya. It was the best time of my life. My boy, my brothers boy and my sisters boy own 150 ft on the North shore where we spent our summers. My brother who was my childhood best friend and I spent every summer with my gramma until she died, and he gave this property to them. It was given to him by my grandfather prior to 1970. It will always be in the family. You must be glad to see that beautiful place every day. We consider ourselves to have been the luckiest kids in Seattle growing up to have been able to spend our summers in Paradise. Lucky you!!! I also have relatives that live at Mission creek, I also lived in Allyn for about 6 years while I worked at Boeing. I am now in the Valley of the Sun in Surprise AZ and love it here but would give up this for a place on the canal!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love this board?, I do...............

For heaven's sake. I live on Maggie Lake up the hill from North Shore Rd. Been there for 37 yrs. First permenant residents.

I have heard your same story about the Tahuya area from so many people who grew up visiting the canal. Yes, it is a special place on earth. Everybody had such loving memories.

I come to Ariz. for the winters now so that makes me a Snowbird. I'll be going home the first wk. in May. I am 25 miles south of Lk Havasu City across the hwy from the Colorado River.

I just love this site. I learn so much & it's nice to hear other people who talk "quilting". My friends who don't quilt say it's an odd language to them.

It's so nice to hear from you.

Pat

Pat G
    Thanks for the reply. Maggie Lake is where we would hike as kids because we thought we should swim in fresh water once in awhile! My Mother used to tell my gramma "Its July now, keep Arline out of the sun she is getting too dark! "
    We are of American Indian decent so I get tan really easy. How fun is it to think about the OLD DAYS! Thanks again for the reply and I'll think of you next time I think of the Canal. I started going to the Canal when I was just 4 yrs old. That was 71 years ago! This site has given me many hours of delight and knowledge. I am trying a QAYG now and am hoping that I get the technique down pat it sure is easier that quilting a whole quilt under that small space between the needle and the machine. Have a great day and enjoy your trip home. I will be in Seattle in May, am going on an Alaska cruise with my signifcant other. Also will visit my folks and my son and other relatives in the Old Port Orchard cemetary!! Its a lovely place.....
    Arline

Hello Suzy,

I have not been to one of their meetings but I did go to their 29th Annual Show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe. It was outstanding. You should find some wonderful quilting friends!

I'm from WA, however do not belong to a quild. I'll be looking forward to hearing about how the meeting went.

Pat, have you heard of Kitsap Quilters? Here's a link to their site, on your side of the sound:

http://www.kitsapquilters.com/

Blog Entries
    Hello from Maryland, oops I was thinking you meant this group of fine ladies... I consider this a guild :)

Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hearing about all those places makes me homesick! Went to school at North Kitsap (Poulsbo), lived about 8 miles east of Monroe and spent plenty of time in the Lynnwood-Edmonds area. Now living in South Central Missouri. I love it here, too, but there's no place like home! :)

Hope you enjoy it & give us an update w/pics please.

nope

Oh my gosh, you swam in Maggie Lk before I got there. I'm very possessive of it. LOL.

One of my sons lives in Port Orchard & the other is in Olalla. You know my area well.

If you have reason to take the ferry over to Poulsbo, there is a wonderful quilt shop there.

Nice talking to you.

Pat (Green)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    Suzi,
    Where does this grp. meet?
    I'm from the Bremerton side of Puget Sound but am still 35 miles from Brem. I really need to find a grp. now.
    Pat
    Sorry for the hi-jack!! Patty, can you believe that I'm actually going to try a scrappy! I think I'm going to do a CONTROLLED :lol: :lol: blue log cabin for my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
    Hearing about all those places makes me homesick! Went to school at North Kitsap (Poulsbo), lived about 8 miles east of Monroe and spent plenty of time in the Lynnwood-Edmonds area. Now living in South Central Missouri. I love it here, too, but there's no place like home! :)
    Oh my goodness, I can't believe how many of you are from my area. Like we're all neighbors even tho some of you have moved away. If you were all still there, we'd have to form our own guild. Ha

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    Oh my gosh, you swam in Maggie Lk before I got there. I'm very possessive of it. LOL.

One of my sons lives in Port Orchard & the other is in Olalla. You know my area well.

If you have reason to take the ferry over to Poulsbo, there is a wonderful quilt shop there.

Nice talking to you.

Pat (Green)
    Hi Pat, my DIL lives in Poulsbo. What is the name of the wonderful quilt shop? When my sweet DIL was last visiting us in Eastern Washington, I sent her home with a Singer from the late 40s and had briefly started her on quilting. She is excited about learning to quilt. When we visit I want to take her quilt fabric shopping.

I can't remember the name of the shop but it's downtown in what used to be the antique shop area. It's half a block down on a side street. Very easy to find.

I get so wrapped up in their fabrics & the samples of finished items that I end up walking out empty handed. Just too much to think about.

I bought my Mexican Star pattern there after seeing a finished one. I was so confused trying to pick fabrics I finally gave up. I still haven't made it.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I go to their quilt show every year in Monroe. Love to see their work each year and come home with too many ideas and not enough time! Anyone in the area should go to one of the shows--you won't be disappointed. I'm not a "joiner" so don't belong to a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    I go to their quilt show every year in Monroe. Love to see their work each year and come home with too many ideas and not enough time! Anyone in the area should go to one of the shows--you won't be disappointed. I'm not a "joiner" so don't belong to a guild.
    Hi Linda, I know what you mean about too many ideas. I say I have to live another hundred yrs. for all I want to do. I tend to drive myself crazy not knowing where to start.
    To you Washington people, there is also a quilt shop in Puyallup but I haven't been there yet. I plan to go look for it this summer. Like we need another shop to shop. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast