Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Anonymous - WA State >

Quilters Anonymous - WA State

Quilters Anonymous - WA State

Old 04-13-2010, 02:32 PM

For heaven's sake. I live on Maggie Lake up the hill from North Shore Rd. Been there for 37 yrs. First permenant residents.

I have heard your same story about the Tahuya area from so many people who grew up visiting the canal. Yes, it is a special place on earth. Everybody had such loving memories.

I come to Ariz. for the winters now so that makes me a Snowbird. I'll be going home the first wk. in May. I am 25 miles south of Lk Havasu City across the hwy from the Colorado River.

I just love this site. I learn so much & it's nice to hear other people who talk "quilting". My friends who don't quilt say it's an odd language to them.

It's so nice to hear from you.

Pat
Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 PM

Pat G
Thanks for the reply. Maggie Lake is where we would hike as kids because we thought we should swim in fresh water once in awhile! My Mother used to tell my gramma "Its July now, keep Arline out of the sun she is getting too dark! "
We are of American Indian decent so I get tan really easy. How fun is it to think about the OLD DAYS! Thanks again for the reply and I'll think of you next time I think of the Canal. I started going to the Canal when I was just 4 yrs old. That was 71 years ago! This site has given me many hours of delight and knowledge. I am trying a QAYG now and am hoping that I get the technique down pat it sure is easier that quilting a whole quilt under that small space between the needle and the machine. Have a great day and enjoy your trip home. I will be in Seattle in May, am going on an Alaska cruise with my signifcant other. Also will visit my folks and my son and other relatives in the Old Port Orchard cemetary!! Its a lovely place.....
Arline
Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 PM

Hello Suzy,

I have not been to one of their meetings but I did go to their 29th Annual Show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe. It was outstanding. You should find some wonderful quilting friends!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:21 PM

I'm from WA, however do not belong to a quild. I'll be looking forward to hearing about how the meeting went.

Pat, have you heard of Kitsap Quilters? Here's a link to their site, on your side of the sound:

http://www.kitsapquilters.com/
Old 04-13-2010, 04:31 PM

Hello from Maryland, oops I was thinking you meant this group of fine ladies... I consider this a guild :)
Old 04-13-2010, 05:37 PM

Hearing about all those places makes me homesick! Went to school at North Kitsap (Poulsbo), lived about 8 miles east of Monroe and spent plenty of time in the Lynnwood-Edmonds area. Now living in South Central Missouri. I love it here, too, but there's no place like home! :)
Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM

Hope you enjoy it & give us an update w/pics please.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:48 PM

nope
Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Oh my gosh, you swam in Maggie Lk before I got there. I'm very possessive of it. LOL.

One of my sons lives in Port Orchard & the other is in Olalla. You know my area well.

If you have reason to take the ferry over to Poulsbo, there is a wonderful quilt shop there.

Nice talking to you.

Pat (Green)
Old 04-14-2010, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Suzi,
Where does this grp. meet?
I'm from the Bremerton side of Puget Sound but am still 35 miles from Brem. I really need to find a grp. now.
Pat
Sorry for the hi-jack!! Patty, can you believe that I'm actually going to try a scrappy! I think I'm going to do a CONTROLLED :lol: :lol: blue log cabin for my dad.