Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilters Anonymous - WA State >

Quilters Anonymous - WA State

Quilters Anonymous - WA State

Old 04-15-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by barbgooch
Originally Posted by Pat G
Oh my goodness, what a sm. world. I'm 15 miles out from Belfair on the north shore of the canal. On a sm. lake 2 mi. up hill from Tahuya.
I was wondering how I'd find out about guilds at home. I knew a grp. of quilters gathered at the Bremertpm shop & was going to inquire when I get home. I'd love to know more about yours.Pat
There is also a guild in Port Orchard that meets the 2nd Thursday at the Givens Center if that's closer for you. I know quite a few from that guild as well. There are several others I know that belong to both guilds. Living in East Bremerton I'm about halfway between the both. It was tough to decide which to join.
Barb
Yes. Port Orchard is much closer to me. I'm so grateful to have met you since you can open doors for me. Thank you so very much.
I have one son in P.O. & the other in Olalla.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 AM

The name of the quilt shop in Poulsbo is Heirloom Quilts. Great place! - fabraholic
Old 04-15-2010, 12:00 PM

I think I just sent some info to the wrong place; however, the name of the quilt shop in Poulsbo is Heirloom quilts.

I get so wrapped up in their fabrics & the samples of finished items that I end up walking out empty handed. Just too much to think about.

I bought my Mexican Star pattern there after seeing a finished one. I was so confused trying to pick fabrics I finally gave up. I still haven't made it.[/quote]
Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Banned

sorry I have never been to anything quilt related. I so hope I get to go to the one in sisters, OR this year, just depends if I get SSS. :-(
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 PM

Well, I live in Federal Way, Wa. That's between Tacoma and Seattle. I don't belong to a guild, but our church has a group Peace by Piece that meets once a month. I don't know what I'd do without my fellow piecers!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Well, I live in Federal Way, Wa. That's between Tacoma and Seattle. I don't belong to a guild, but our church has a group Peace by Piece that meets once a month. I don't know what I'd do without my fellow piecers!
Looks like we're all coming out of the woodwork now. Great. I love the name of your grp. I know where Fed. Way is.
Pat
Old 04-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Pat, I grew up in Bremerton and Port Orchard, spent time at both Maggie Lake and Illahee State Park. I graduated from South Kitsap High School and was Princess for Fathoms O'Fun. How fun it is to find people who are familiar with my old haunts.... :D My family all lives still in Port Orchard, up off of Glenwood Rd.
Lori
Old 04-16-2010, 02:49 PM

Hi Lori,
I can't believe the people I hear from or talk to who has spent time in yrs. past at Maggie Lk. We were the first permenant residents so I really broke ground. You definitely are from my neighborhood.

Pat
Old 04-17-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
nope
'Nope" what? :lol:
Old 04-17-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Have fun, you are going to love being in a guild, they really help to keep you motivated. I belong to 4! As well as being an officer on an annual retreat committee.
I agree with that statement totally. I've never been as prolific as I have since joining the guild. Part of it is being retired, part of it is that they do a lot of small items which I do while working on my twin and queen sized quilts resulting in more quilting projects started and yes, completed. I will frequently have 2 or 3 works in progress but they are that, works in progress and NOT UFO'S. I dont' allow UFO'S. Even if I'm not happy with a project I complete it but luckily I've only had two such projects in 46 + years of quilting and yes, both are finished although it did take 38 years to complete the one.

Enjoy and make new friends!