Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Singer 221 metal bobbins

I bought 221, 301 bobbins in a package at Ben Franklin store in Ripon Wisc. They work perfectly in my 301. Not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
    I just got a 221....there is only one bobbin with it. Can any of you direct me to where I can buy more?
    TIA,
    Deanna (Cottage Dee)
    sew-classic.com has all the bobbins, belts and all manner of parts for Featherweights and other vintage machines....
    good prices and service as well as prompt delivery....

I just order from www.Shop.Sew-Classic.com for my Mom's Singer 201. The only drawback is you have a minimum order of $3.50. The part she needed was a bobbin wheel that cost $0.49 So I got her some needles.

I just ordered a bobbin wheet tire for my Mom' Singer 201 from www.Shop.Sew-Classic.com. Very inexpensive.

The bobbin tyres and bobbins get cheaper as you order more. In my last order I had 10 Singer size bobbin tyres. Plus a bunch of spool pegs and other goodies.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    I think it uses a regular class 66 bobbin. You can find those just about anywhere--even WalMart.
    No it doesn't! The class 66 bobbins are too tall and too small. It uses a 221 class bobbin. Do NOT buy them from Wal-mart or JoAnn's.
    I buy mine from either of these websites:www.sew-classic.com or 221parts.com

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    No it doesn't! The class 66 bobbins are too tall and too small. It uses a 221 class bobbin. Do NOT buy them from Wal-mart or JoAnn's.
    I buy mine from either of these websites:www.sew-classic.com or 221parts.com
    purplefiend,
    Go back a page or two and check out my pictorial on bobbins and FWs. I beat you to the "No it doesn't" part. LOL

Joe

Joe,

Your pictures of the bobbins are so clear and well marked. You are a wonderful asset to this board!

Thank you for all of your contributions.

Dayle

There are many places to buy the bobbins - JoAnn's, Hancocks and online. I like to have a lot of bobbins so I can pre-wind them with the colors I use most. They're not expensive, either. Enjoy your machine!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast