Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smashed Electrical Boxes...Where to Find Replacements?

Smashed Electrical Boxes...Where to Find Replacements?

Anyone have a source for those old bakelite electrical boxes where the foot peddle and power source joins? They seem to be the first thing that gets damaged in shipping. Thanks, Cindy

Blog Entries
    sew-classic carries them - all you have to do is pull the old one off and put the new one on, wire on a foot pedal and plug it in. DH makes them out of electrical boxes and wire in a pinch. They are not rocket science.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

sew-classic or ebay

Thanks guys.

Wish I could find just the box though. I want to use the old fashioned cloth covered wire. Probably need to brush up on my Chinese, and look for the source. In the old days, they sold a surface mount black bakelite outlet box, that was a bit large but would look period enough.
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

kind of like this, but too much $$$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Surfac...-/350537374088, but preferably not 3 wire.
    Jim

"What do you mean worrying doesn't help? Everything I ever worried about...never happened!"
    quote by __________ I forget who.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsewnsew View Post
    Wish I could find just the box though. I want to use the old fashioned cloth covered wire. Probably need to brush up on my Chinese, and look for the source. In the old days, they sold a surface mount black bakelite outlet box, that was a bit large but would look period enough.
    Jim, I've seen ads for cloth covered wire in the Old House Journal. I'm not sure if it's the right size, or type. Here's the OHJ website: http://www.oldhousejournal.com/ I'll also look in the paper magazine later today and try to get you the company name and addy.
    ~ Cindy

kind of like this, but too much $$$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Surfac...-/350537374088, but preferably not 3 wire.
    It's not that expensive, but not quite what I need. This company is a good idea though. I've ordered switch plates and plugs from them before. I should contact them. Thanks.
    ~ Cindy

I'm looking for all the electrical guts for a White (1940 ish) and an Emdeko (like I'm ever going to find THAT.) ~C

Sundial Wire is a good source for cloth covered wire and old fashioned bakelite plugs, I don't think I've seen boxes there though.
    Rodney

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast