Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Standard treadle owner still needs help......

Blog Entries

Standard treadle owner still needs help......

We cleaned off the flip plate and the last date on my machine is copywright 1887. I am still missing a bobbin case and bobbin for it. Of all things, I found and purchased a Spider. Boy was I excited! Was all ready to go try my machine out by making a chain stitch. Pooh! It didn't fit! Or I need something to make it go in correctly. I have a whole bunch of attachments for it now.

Up North.....are you out there???? You posted a picture of your machine on my past thread and yours was made in 1889. Got any info for me? Anyone else??? I love this machine and really want to get it going. I'm sure most people would toss their hands up in the air and give it a toss but I really like the challenge of getting the parts and sewing on these old ones.

Here is a picture of my bobbin area. I have learned that not all of the Standards, depending on the year manufactured, are different. Thanks everyone!
    p1010864.jpg

Blog Entries
    What's that old saying?......"It's me again, Margaret." Well I'm not Margaret but it is me again. In that last sentence I meant to say: I have learned that not all of the Standards, depending on the year manufactured, are the same.

Blog Entries
    Send a pm to Monica (vintagemotif)...she's the one that has a Standard treadle that has the spider, etc.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    HiDesertQuilter,
    Please post a photo of your spider. First, I need to see if you have the correct spider for the Standard, then maybe I can be of help to you since I own and have used my Standard's attachments: hemmer and chain stitcher (spider).
    The Standard spider takes a bit of figuring out how it fits in. I did this without a manual; so, it can be done!

Blog Entries
    Here is a photo of my bobbin area, just rotated.
    screen-shot-2012-02-12-11.18.29-am.png
    Spider in place:
    screen-shot-2012-02-12-11.17.54-am.png
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 02-12-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries
    Bobbin and case (which could used a cleaning). Hope these images helps you and anyone else that needs information on a Standard Rotary.

img_4124.jpgimg_4125.jpg

Blog Entries
    My spider is different than yours so now we have two examples on the website. So that is good. The spider I have came in a metal box of attachments that said 'Standard' on the top. All the other attachments are correct. I have attempted in a couple of pictures to give measurements of the post and hole in the center. This seems to be my problem. Am so glad you answered my post! Thank you.
    p1010865.jpgp1010867.jpgp1010868.jpgp1010869.jpg

Blog Entries
    Here are photo's of my spider for comparison.
    screen-shot-2012-02-12-10.59.22-am.pngscreen-shot-2012-02-12-10.59.30-am.png

And link to my blog posting on the Standard's spider and the chain stitch that it creates under "I Have a Spider", Dec 13th 2011:http://color-my-world-with-warmth.bl...max-results=50
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 02-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Photos of the hemmer:
    screen-shot-2012-02-15-1.04.28-pm.pngscreen-shot-2012-02-12-10.58.28-am.pngscreen-shot-2012-02-15-1.04.55-pm.png
    Post on instructions on using the hemmer is in my blog Dec 18th, 2011, titled, "The Deadly Hemmer":http://color-my-world-with-warmth.blogspot.com/

This hemmer is used with the spider.
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 02-15-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hoping everyone with a Standard will post pictures and info so we can figure out what years will fit which spider. I have also seen a picture of a different looking bobbin case than you have but the sewing machine had so much corrosion the fellow couldn't get me a year off of it. Somewhere I have seen a hemmer attachment just like the one you are showing. I'm hoping my machine isn't too old for a spider attachment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast