Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting to hear "How many do u need?"

Starting to hear "How many do u need?"

We were in Buffalo this weekend celebrating 33 years of being married, lol, went to see new Star Trek movie, on IMAX and 3D - super cool, well anyway my girlfriend and I left our DH's the next day and went junking.
    Had to visit a local quilt shop- found a serviced, cleaned fully functional Japanese Singer knock off for 30 bucks!! I have a weakness for blue machines. I have one already but I just couldn't let it sit there!!!! Well u know the question that came next-- as I have at least 12 vintage machines. "How many do you need" and this from a collector of expensive guitars!!!! Heehee my BFF told her DH - said collector of guitars "How many guitars do u need honey?" Love my BFF!!!

Share your best response please to this age old question. I need it for next time!! Lol
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count.

Susan

"What's need got to do with it"?

Joe

I already got that covered!! I used to breed dogs and I had ... well ... a few Hubby "tolerated" the dogs (sometimes!) but when he did complain I reminded him that I had the dogs BEFORE I had him! So ... now when he asks me "how many sewing machines do you need" I gently remind him that I can always go back to breeding dogs! Shuts him up in a hurry.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

[QUOTE=J Miller;6077961]"What's need got to do with it"?

Exactly my thoughts.

I always say, I'll let you know when I get there.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Tesspug love your signature. LoLol!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count.

Susan

Thanks for all the ideas!!!! I have such machine envy for all the beautiful machines I see here. Saw a green Elna up close and personal at a class with that fabulous case. I'm on the hunt for that one!!

Susan

I was dreading this question from DH today when I brought home my 9th machine. So far I haven't gotten any grief about it. My question is, "How do you know when to stop?" I'm in love with these machines and when I see one at a great price or that is being neglected I can't resist bringing it home. It's like they look at me with sad puppy dog eyes and I'm a gone-er.

I tell 'everyone'...My machines are the kids inheritance and since I have 8 'kids' I need a LOT. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up!

What about your (hobby) dear?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast