Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thread Take up Lever on 221

Blog Entries

Thread Take up Lever on 221

Looking to find a thread take up lever for my featherweight. It just came today in the mail, and it was broken off. Any ideas where to find one? I think from the exploded parts guides it is the part# 45821.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Try April's http://www.april1930s.com/index.html e-mail her as she carries a bunch of parts not listed. She's helped me get parts for my 301's.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I will try there.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

janceejan,

You might also try:
    The Featherweight 221 Factory: http://thefeatherweight221factory.com/

Thayer Rags: http://thayerrags.com/

TIP: Leave the old part in place UNTIL you get the new part. Then photograph the assembly when the take up lever assembly would have the arm at it's highest position. When you instal the new part make sure it goes in exactly like the old one, and that all the parts are oriented the same. If you don't get it right you could have tension problems that will not be fixable.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Thanks for that info!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janceejan View Post
    Looking to find a thread take up lever for my featherweight. It just came today in the mail, and it was broken off. Any ideas where to find one? I think from the exploded parts guides it is the part# 45821.
    This is exactly why I am afraid to but sewing machines off eBay, you never kow what shape it will be in when you receive it. I try to stay with local on them.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by janceejan View Post
    Don't know why, but the correct replacement part # is 45822. I do not have one in stock as it is a little pricey ($50 and that is with my usual 10% deduction already applied . If you would like me to order one, PM me or contact me at my website www.thequiltgal.com).
    Kathleen Clendennen
    www.thequiltgal.com

Try Glenn Williams, I've got very good service from him:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/joyof301s/glenn.htm

BTW, I found it best to call him, his # is on the page
    Last edited by Skyangel; 08-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.