Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Preservation/Restorations $65 >

Vintage Sewing Machine Preservation/Restorations $65

Vintage Sewing Machine Preservation/Restorations $65

Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Hi Billy, Now I have to start going to flea markets and auctions to find another vintage machine . I don't think I'll do ebay again maybe only as a last resort. I want to leave my 66 red eye as a treadle but I would like her to have modernized made over sister. I love the flames. Anne
Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 PM

OMG! Billy that machine is just too beautiful for words! My jaw is still sitting in my lap! You do awesome work. I am bookmarking this topic as I have a Featherweight on its way to me now & have no clue what shape it is in.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
JJs
Banned

mondo cool
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Thank you for the complements I think it is official the Featherweight photos are in a dead Hard Drive and can not get them out.

But since you like the Flames here is a set of tanks I have posted before that I did for a buddy of mine.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81723.jpe  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I have been asked by several members if I would be interested in fixing their vintage machines up for them. The answer is of course I would. So I thought I would put this out here for you all who want the machines but are a bit intimidated by the entire cleaning servicing of them. So far I have several of them in the mail heading this way and I am really looking forward to working on them.

***This is like therapy for me!!!*** :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Billy

I so agree that FIXING THINGS is therapy. There are too many other things in life we can't fix but if we can FIX THINGS we feel better! (at least you and I feel better) :)
Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I would love to see some of your custome paint jobs on some vintage sewing machines, please.

Here is a model 27 I did for myself.....

Billy

OH MY that is just so beautiful!!! fab job Billy!!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Hey Billy:
I'm saving to send you my 1948 featherweight for a repaint. I just bought it and it's been totally serviced and came with a one year warranty so it doesn't need to be serviced, just stripped and painted. Well, I guess if you have to take it all apart you're gonna hafta put it back together and I guess that constitutes servicing. Oh well.

As for the centennial, I'm thinking I might try and tackle it myself following your tutorials. Which means good for me, maybe not so good for you because I will probably be pestering you with a ton of questions about it. I'm a bit timid, but willing to at least give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen? I would just have to send it to you anyway to fix what I screw up, lol!!! I will be in touch.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Billy that is so kind of you. Now if I run across a vintage machine I know that it can be cleaned and serviced. Thank you.
Buy the way I have a older baby lock serger and it need a foot petal attachment do you know where I would be able to purchase one.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:30 PM

That dog of yours is beautiful!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
Billy that is so kind of you. Now if I run across a vintage machine I know that it can be cleaned and serviced. Thank you.
Buy the way I have a older baby lock serger and it need a foot petal attachment do you know where I would be able to purchase one.
Let me go look around I think one of the suppliers I use should have something like that.

I am fixing to be buying straight from the manufacturer so I can start to give some serious pricing!!!

Billy