Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 AM

Angry To many machines

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Hahaha!!! A typical problem for this crowd!!
My wife said that I may have to get rid of the Big screen TV to make room for more machines. I think I am in trouble now......
Old 11-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Derla, when you click to reply and add a post to this thread, click on "Go Advanced" and scroll down a bit. You'll see a button for "Manage Attachments" Click that and you should be able to upload photos.
It seems I did get 4 photos uploaded, but I don't see them, just the number of the pictures. Guess I did something wrong -Dear me - it is so hard for this old brain to get used to change!!!
Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   009.jpg   007.jpg   011.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
My wife said that I may have to get rid of the Big screen TV to make room for more machines. I think I am in trouble now......
Hahaha!! Every time I mention another machine my DH says, "And just where do you think we have room for that one?"
Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Derla View Post
It seems I did get 4 photos uploaded, but I don't see them, just the number of the pictures. Guess I did something wrong -Dear me - it is so hard for this old brain to get used to change!!!
Well, we see them!! That cabinet needs a little work, but the machine looks like it just needs cleaning. Good find.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 AM

Did I understand correctly - that Billy's other blog spot is not available? The one where we can keep up with his health issues.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
Did I understand correctly - that Billy's other blog spot is not available? The one where we can keep up with his health issues.
It's there under the Vintage Machine Enthusiasts category. It just says Lostn51
Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 AM

Hahaha!! Every time I mention another machine my DH says, "And just where do you think we have room for that one?"
"Why at QuiltnCowgirl's house of course!" (That is how my DH would be answering your DH LOL)
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 AM

Well, we see them!! That cabinet needs a little work, but the machine looks like it just needs cleaning. Good find.
The cabinet needs a LOT of work - maybe even replacing. I do like the feature of the 'chair'slipping right into the front of the sewing machine cabinet. The sewing machine need a lot of cleaning up, but she purrs along so quietly!! I love the sound of her. Right now she is in our freezing cold garage - hope to get her into the warm house when our sons get here.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Derla View Post
There are way too many posts on this forum to read them all, so this may be a repeat. My husband bought me a vintage sewing machine at an estate sale for $30. It is a Necchi, made in Italy, Model BU. She really purrs like a kitten. There are lots of different feet for it - but no manual. I've not been able to check the stitch as I'm not sure how to thread it. From the little I've been able to find on the Internet about it -- I'm thinking he did good. But it seems there are 3 different kinds of Model BU and I'd like to get it ID'd accurately so I can look for the right manual. Can anyone give me a link to get it ID'd, please?
Derla - Here's a 99 on auction at $35 + shipping right now, ending in 3 hours. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8831499 It has a solid hand wheel, but you can get a spoke wheel and change it out and put a handcrank on it. Plus this machine has it's knee controller, which are very hard to find, and you can sell it on eBay for about $25. It also has a decent domed wood case.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl View Post
"Why at QuiltnCowgirl's house of course!" (That is how my DH would be answering your DH LOL)
ROFL - Yes, right now that's true!!! LOL LOL LOL That will be fixed shortly...soon those 2 will be at my house and your cabinet will be with your VS2!!! And all will be right with the world!! I'll feel so much better when that machine and cab are back together....it felt, well, SACRILIGIOUS to take them apart!!