Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2793 of 4381 FirstFirst ... 1793 2293 2693 2743 2783 2792 2793 2794 2803 2843 2893 3293 3793 ... LastLast
Results 27,921 to 27,930 of 43806

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

[QUOTE=BoJangles;4684107]Kathie, are you still able to send your pictures to me? I can post them for you.

Nancy[/QUOTE Yes I can. Are you going to Folsom Saturday night? I can not get the tension correct on the Adler. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who View Post
    Quiltdoctor,
    I'm amazed what you have done so far with cleaning and glueing. What a difference already! Is that a base you've built just to slide a machine in while you are cleaning and restoring?

Cindy
    I just nailed some 2 x 4's together when I was working on my Wheeler Wilson 8 to make a working platform for it. Just so happens that the Singer 12 sits nicely on it too. They are both smaller than all the others that I've worked on like the 128 or the 66.

The was the Wheeler Wilson 8 has a lower wheel, It had to have something to rest on or it would just roll around and not be stable at all.

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name change on the 201. I was going to call her Ethel after the lady who owned her forever but have decided to call her Elaine after the lady's daughter because if she hadn't decided to sell the 201, I wouldn't have her. BTW, she sews like a dream. I'm making a miniature quilt on her for her first project. I so need a larger room for my machines. I had to put my 15-91 away to be able to use my 201 and I love them both. What's a girl to do?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Name change on the 201. I was going to call her Ethel after the lady who owned her forever but have decided to call her Elaine after the lady's daughter because if she hadn't decided to sell the 201, I wouldn't have her. BTW, she sews like a dream. I'm making a miniature quilt on her for her first project. I so need a larger room for my machines. I had to put my 15-91 away to be able to use my 201 and I love them both. What's a girl to do?
    Weedwoman, the 201 is one machine I don't have!

Can't you put the 15-91 in another room? I have sewing machine cabinets all over the house, and ya know what? They look nice! I only bring the cabinets in that are in good shape or we have re-done so they are all nice looking pieces of furniture. I currently have 14 treadles with 10 in the house!

Will you post a photo of the mini quilt when you are done?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Kathie S.;4684540]
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Kathie, are you still able to send your pictures to me? I can post them for you.

Yes I can. Are you going to Folsom Saturday night? I can not get the tension correct on the Adler. Kathie
    Sorry Kathie, I am going to miss Girls Night Out again! A friend and I are going to see the Buck Brannaman movie, "Buck" Saturday evening!

Next month, I will be there!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    The stain should be here by Thursday. They shipped the wrong thing, so they had to reship it. Here is a picture of the front of the machine. It will likely have to be repainted. It has been out in the weather for at least 10 years.
    Wow...on both the machine and the base! You've done a fantastic job!
    When you repaint, will you stick with black and maybe decal it or will you go with a color?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I would love to find one of these old shoe/leather machines someday! Preferably a treadle!
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2704535617.html But, I don't want 3!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Weedwoman, the 201 is one machine I don't have!

Can't you put the 15-91 in another room? I have sewing machine cabinets all over the house, and ya know what? They look nice! I only bring the cabinets in that are in good shape or we have re-done so they are all nice looking pieces of furniture. I currently have 14 treadles with 10 in the house!

Will you post a photo of the mini quilt when you are done?
    Nancy
    I have my computerized Brother, a necchi-alco, the 201, and my serger set up in my sewing room plus a shelf with just heads of 7 other machines and in my spare bedroom (Mickey Mouse room) I have 3 FW's, a 301, my Davis VF in a treadle, 2 99's, a sewmore in a cabinet, 2 redeyes in treadles, plus the heads of 5 more machines and in our bedroom I have two treadles and my 500 in a cabinet, I have the 306k in a cabinet in my den and in my shop along with my longarm I have another 301 in a cabinet, the 185j in a cabinet and a 626 t&s in a cabinet and have a treadle (with a wood pitman and a sphinx head) in DH's workshop. I think if I try real hard I might be able to move some stuff around so I can set up my 15-91. DH is refinishing a cabinet now for it. Oh, dear, I don't think I should collect any more machines, do you? Ha, but I know I will.
    And yes, I'll post a pic of the mini when it's done. It will be a bit cause there is some hand embroidery on it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    I am no longer getting email notices that there are replies. That makes it hard to figure out where to start reading. Anyone else know what to do about that??
    I get some email notices, but not all. I jot down the page number I last read. When I come in to continue reading I just go to that page number.
    Dirty1mom
    Cleveland, OH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Glenn, I too have made some of the spool pin covers. I gave some away the other day and she liked them.

Trish
    Glenn, do you remember how far back you posted the spool pin covers? I think my daughter wants to try some. thanks, bobbie