Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2852 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 1852 2352 2752 2802 2842 2851 2852 2853 2862 2902 2952 3352 3852 ... LastLast
Results 28,511 to 28,520 of 43737

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Anyone in the Baltimore area looking for a Davis VF? IF so, this may be one for just $29 in treadle.
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/atq/2720887437.html

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Anyone in the Baltimore area looking for a Davis VF? IF so, this may be one for just $29 in treadle.
    http://baltimore.craigslist.org/atq/2720887437.html
    Sold. I already tried it. Went a few hours after it was listed. Dote!!!

You're right on about that epoxy glue. My DH uses this for all kinds of things. And he fixed on of my FW socket parts with it and machine sews just fine.
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Here's a Davis out in San Fran, cabinet photo only but it's probably a Davis New Vertical feed judging by cabinet style:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/2725545628.html
    Jon
    This one must be gone too, states deleted by poster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    You can still buy yourself an American made car or truck for Christmas.
    Jon
    Right on, Jon!!

Blog Entries
    The top two cars with the most American parts and finished in America are the Toyota Camry and the honda Accord. Most of the GM and Ford vehicles are about 75% or less American made and Chrsyler is owned by an Italian company. My extended family works in the auto industry and it's a shame to see GM plants that cover a mile square closed because of out sourcing.

On a SM, note: Can one external motor on a vintage e machine be subbed for another? I really don't see how anyone is going to able to get at the connectors on the cord of the Universal and there isn't enough good cord left to splice a new section. I so want to sew on that machine.

Miriam, my children weighed from over 9 pounds down to 5 and a half pounds. They all grew up to be about the same size, though my shortest baby girl is now over 5'10".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    The top two cars with the most American parts and finished in America are the Toyota Camry and the honda Accord. Most of the GM and Ford vehicles are about 75% or less American made and Chrsyler is owned by an Italian company. My extended family works in the auto industry and it's a shame to see GM plants that cover a mile square closed because of out sourcing.

On a SM, note: Can one external motor on a vintage e machine be subbed for another? I really don't see how anyone is going to able to get at the connectors on the cord of the Universal and there isn't enough good cord left to splice a new section. I so want to sew on that machine.

Miriam, my children weighed from over 9 pounds down to 5 and a half pounds. They all grew up to be about the same size, though my shortest baby girl is now over 5'10".
    I always thought the external motors were the same. Although the external motor on my Singer 201 was for European usage; didn't work here when plugged in, but looked the same as any of my other motors.

My daughter was always 99% in weight and height as a young kid. Doctor told us that she will most likely be very tall, 5'10"ish. She is only 5"2".

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post

I'd add that to my shopping list, Toyota or Honda made in USA but I'm partial to GM. The motors for Clones and aftermarkets for treadle machines are usually interchangeable. You can also open up your old motor and solder on a new length of cord which isn't difficult and rather useful if you tinker with old sm motors on occasion. If you need the motor to match the color of the machine (unless black) you should go the soldering route.
    Jon

My kids were all close together, in age as well as weight and length. My 3 are all only 2 ounces apart. My earliest baby was premature and he was my heaviest. I think he would have been a ginormous baby if he went to term. He was 7 pounds, 2 ounces 19 1/2 inches long. My smallest baby was 6 pounds 14 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. He was born on his due date. The baby came in the middle at 7 pounds even. But he was 22 1/2 inches long! He looked like string bean! He got really sick when he was a week old. He lost 3 pounds, almost half of his birth weight. When we were at the PICU and he started to get better, we had to keep him in the hospital until he got up to 5 pounds. He wore preemie clothes then and everything. He didn't wear newborn clothes until he was almost 3 months old. Healthy as an ox now. Short for his age, but everything else is fine.
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.

Blog Entries
    I can find batting made in America from cotton to recycled plastic bottles, but fabrics aren't.
    This batting made from recycled bottles looks interesting.
    http://www.quiltersdreambatting.com/dream-green.htm

Has anyone tried this in their quilting? IF so, how well does it quilt?