Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2853 of 4369 FirstFirst ... 1853 2353 2753 2803 2843 2852 2853 2854 2863 2903 2953 3353 3853 ... LastLast
Results 28,521 to 28,530 of 43690

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Found a place to design your own fabrics:
    http://www.spoonflower.com/about

This looks fun!!

has anyone rescued a vintage machine where someone has a fine mist of white paint on it... I need to get this off somehow without ruining the decals.
    Ideas?
    Enjoy The Art!
    Sue ~Only Adding to the beauty you have already created~
    http://suezquilts.com/ http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sue...45597315486041

Ohhh my last rescue was an ..umm... Singer Starlet 495..made in France.... $20.00 no manual

Apparently it is a sibling to the Genie!

I wanted a plastic singer with a built in zigzag for buttonholes and finishing off my seams!!
    Last edited by justtrish; 11-30-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

How do I join?

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    We got to meet Walter Obediah last night. He has a receding hair line with a ton of dark hair down over his little ears so he too looks like a little old man. He only weighed 6 lbs and 11 oz. I forget how tall but he is and inch shorter than any of the others - her smallest baby and the only one on time. The others were over due. DD is doing the best after a baby of any time. Her BFF is an excellent midwife.

Nancy, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your very special horse - how sad.
    Nancy, we had our old "Susie" (AKA Sunbonnet Sue) for nearly 30 years as well. A big 'ol Morgan, as sweet natured a horse as ever lived. She's been gone for many years, but you never forget a family horse.
    Miriam, glad to hear of your new grandbaby, and that he's hale and healthy!! I expected a tiny little guy, but he's a perfect size--nice and compact for hauling around!! Have fun with him!!
    Miz Johnny

Yikes....here's a NAZI decal machine in my town for sale. Yikes.... http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2728944283.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tenngal View Post
    How do I join?
    Be careful we all got sewing machine oil on our hands and then it soaked in to our skin now all we want to do is tinker around with old sewing machines. Stick your finger over the sewing machine hole and then start it up. That would get you vaccinated. Then if the vaccination doesn't work go buy all the old sewing machines you can find. What ever.

Seriously, what is there to join - just come on and hang out. Ask as many questions as you like.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Has anyone heard from Billy? I am getting worried.
    Can someone give me his personal site?

Thanks
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Tenngal; To add to Miriam's post, just show us pictures of the vintage ladies and guys you've saved and pertinent information, if you like. Or, just ask questions and someone(s) will answer you. We're all very sociable and not inclined to always stay on topic but we're a good bunch here. Welcome aboard. ~ Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BZ quilting View Post
    Has anyone heard from Billy? I am getting worried.
    Can someone give me his personal site? Thanks Bev
    Try just searching Lostn51 which is his personal blog (for lack of a better word.) That is his personal thread. He and family survived Thanksgiving but illness has flared up again, I believe, although he is taking it easier these days and did his Black Friday shopping the cyber way.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options