Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2951 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 1951 2451 2851 2901 2941 2950 2951 2952 2961 3001 3051 3451 3951 ... LastLast
Results 29,501 to 29,510 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    My model 66 is in a cabinet just a bit darker than this one. I vote 66.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Blog Entries
    I've just been asked where to find info on a Waltham rotary. Anyone??
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Blog Entries
    201 gets my vote. More and more interesting stuff we find/see on here.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Bennett,

looks like a light color, thick base. I guess a 206 or 306.

Cathy

Charlee,

Thanks. Glad to meet you , too and everyone else.

Cathy

You know, I'm lucky to get that much out of a really nice hand crank or treadle. These people need to make contact with reality!!
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Here's another dreamer trying to sell a treadle machine in really poor condition.

http://austin.craigslist.org/atq/2722383107.html
    Miz Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    You know, I'm lucky to get that much out of a really nice hand crank or treadle. These people need to make contact with reality!!
    That one has been rode hard and put away wet. Too bad. But way too much money for her.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    Attempting to upload some photos of my New Home for Texas Jan. The bed decal on this one is actually pretty good, so took a close up. It was actually that bed decal that caused me to go over budget on this one!! (I know, I know; but there's no reasoning with a collector.)
    It's beautiful! I just got a New Home today, it's called a 'light-running New Home sewing machine" on the manual, and it's in the No. 4 style treadle base. Serial number is 272868 - any way to date it?

I actually went to look at 3 machines, a friend of mine's SIL was clearing out his grandmother's house. Original, there was 4, one was a gray Singer Sewhandy, but said he decided it was cute and was going to keep it. The other two machines were White family rotaries, both electric, I'm looking for hand cranks lately (not sure how the New Home slipped in there.) I offered $40 for the New Home, it came with drawers full of stuff, an extra shuttle to a different machine, it's own attachments plus a puzzle box for a Singer 27/28. Decals weren't all that great shape, but I offered him $40 for it - I figured I could sell the parts if it didn't work out. Plus her told me he had another child's German toy machine - like new in the box that his Grandmother gave his sister - and he has no problem selling. Also he rethought the sewhandy and decided that he would be willing to sell that too, it is just sitting on his self looking cute. I told him to call if he decides to sell and I'd look at them. At least these would be SMALL - and hand cranks.

Pictures - #1- cabinet before spa, #2 - machine before spa (no idea what was in center, but it wasn't a painting!), #3 - machine (Aunt Pearl, after woman who owned it) after a little TLC
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by deplaylady; 12-29-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: id pictures

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=deplaylady;4823030]It's beautiful! I just got a New Home today, it's called a 'light-running New Home sewing machine" on the manual, and it's in the No. 4 style treadle base. Serial number is 272868 - any way to date it?

http://www.ismacs.net/newhome/manufacture_dates.html

This will give you your manufacture dates, as far as I can find out. Looks like 1882 !!! Beautiful find !!

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    PRETTY!! I still don't have a New Home...I think I need one tho!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com