Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3002 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2002 2502 2902 2952 2992 3001 3002 3003 3012 3052 3102 3502 4002 ... LastLast
Results 30,011 to 30,020 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Remember the pressed wood sewing machine cabinet I told you all I was going to paint? Here it is...am NOT happy with it, and will replace it asap, but it's better than the scratched up mess that it was before...colors look really off in the photo...it's a bright white, not yellow...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Remember the pressed wood sewing machine cabinet I told you all I was going to paint? Here it is...am NOT happy with it, and will replace it asap, but it's better than the scratched up mess that it was before...colors look really off in the photo...it's a bright white, not yellow...

What a cute cabinet. You did a great job. Kathie

Blog Entries
    I love it!! I think you were very clever and creative in your design. A job well done! Please don't change it. Not all cabinets need to be restored to their original look. I think it would look so cool in a sewing room. When not in use, set your FW on top and that vintage pincushion chair that you own. I want one! Don't change it!

Blog Entries
    Charlee that is so original and cute, why would you want to change it? In a sewing room or game room or sun room, it would really be cute! Is that a quilted decoupage or did you paint the fabric squares? Do not change it, you are very talented! I couldn't do what you did!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
    I need some hindges for a New Home coffin top. I also need door pulls. Does anyone have any that they would care to sell? Kathie
    Kathie, I don't even own a New Home cabinet. Have you tried e-bay for the coffin top hinges? Or maybe Cathy has the hinges?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Nancy and Jan...you've both done amazing things with machines/cabinets that even I might have hesitated to take on, and "I ain't skeered of nuthin'!!"
    Charlee, who is your new Avator? Your Sister?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Nancy, great job on the refinishing. Looks GREAT! I won't beat you with a stick for recommending not FMQ with the 301 :> I FMQ with my 301 last weekend for 10 hours straight and it's a wonderful model.

Charlee, so sorry to hear the news:<
    Ok Candace, I know you are in love with the 301's since you have like all of the colors! I can't judge them yet, but I will let you all know when I get mine - what my opinion of the 301 is anyway.

We would all love to see what you spent 10 hours FM quilting! Please post a photo here or in the photo section for the things we make using our vintage machines! Do you do feathers and all those wonderful things, or are you like me and just do meandering, stippling, loops, etc.?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Texas Jan what a great before and after picture! What year is your fiddlebase? Is it a 24? I am not that familiar with the fiddlebase Singers. I have one VS2 from 1889 with the Rose and Cornflower decal that still needs the cabinet restored. We haven't tackled that one yet. You did a great job on your fiddlebase, it gives me the inspiration to get mine done!

Nancy
    Many thanks to everyone about my Singer 12 restoration. Bojangles, it is a Singer 12 "Family" sewing machine. I couldn't see any decoration left on mine except a faint gold line on the belt guard. She had been sitting under a lean to shed for at least 10 years and the Texas weather had finished doing her in. Originally there was a fold down table extension on the left side and a couple of drawers. Both were long gone except for one piece of wood that was part of the side of the drawer assembly.
    Now I'm off to my next adventure. Whatever that will be---
    Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    I really like it Charlee. It is funky and fun. I'm also so sorry about your sister.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee, who is your new Avator? Your Sister?

Nancy
    No, that's me...altho some folks did say we looked "exactly" alike, we didn't think so...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com