Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3057 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2057 2557 2957 3007 3047 3056 3057 3058 3067 3107 3157 3557 4057 ... LastLast
Results 30,561 to 30,570 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    I never liked that pattern either and I don't care for the bow tie pattern.

I don't like the bow tie either. Too nerdy looking for me.

anyone near albany looking for a fiddlebase?

http://albany.craigslist.org/atq/2825028164.html
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

Bernina 117L

Does anyone have Bernina 117L machine? I ask because I need his zigzag capabilities but Fritz wants to sew zz for approx 10 stitches, then straight for approx 7ish, then back to zigzag again. This pattern just repeats itsels over and over again. Fritz is currently my only zz machine that is accessible and I love using him but he has personality quirks out the wazoo. Either that or I have operator head space errors out the wazoo. I do have the manual but this issue is not covered not do I recall a troubleshooting guide in the booklet. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Thanks in advance. Chris
    FYI: I will post pics if someone needs them og erither the machine or the stitching.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I like the fabrics in the axehead or apple core quilt. But I must be the only person on this planet that dislikes this pattern since it reminds me of a woman's sanitary napkin.
    OMG!!!! I will never be able to look at the apple core pattern again without thinking the same thing now! Thanks Monica!!!!! LOL

Nancy

Blog Entries
    No Miriam and Nancy I have not turned my 319 into a HC and I have decided I like to treadle the machine much better. So will not HC but I have an extra handwheel and try to convert it to HC to experiment for Miriam. I will not leave it as a HC but will play with it. I have no problem controlling the 319 in treadle and the stitches come out fine. I vote for treadle unless you have serious problems in treadleing a machine.LOL
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Does anyone have Bernina 117L machine? I ask because I need his zigzag capabilities but Fritz wants to sew zz for approx 10 stitches, then straight for approx 7ish, then back to zigzag again. This pattern just repeats itsels over and over again. Fritz is currently my only zz machine that is accessible and I love using him but he has personality quirks out the wazoo. Either that or I have operator head space errors out the wazoo. I do have the manual but this issue is not covered not do I recall a troubleshooting guide in the booklet. I am hoping someone on here can help me out. Thanks in advance. Chris
    FYI: I will post pics if someone needs them og erither the machine or the stitching.
    Chris, why don't you go on the yahoo group for Bernina and see what they know

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Charlee;4948455]YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! Have fun playing![/QUO

Thanks Charlee, now all my machines have the attachments they came with although I had to hunt for some in the antique and junk shops. All are in the original boxes they came in. I can buy attachments cheap here but the old ladies bring a high price here.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    No Miriam and Nancy I have not turned my 319 into a HC and I have decided I like to treadle the machine much better. So will not HC but I have an extra handwheel and try to convert it to HC to experiment for Miriam. I will not leave it as a HC but will play with it. I have no problem controlling the 319 in treadle and the stitches come out fine. I vote for treadle unless you have serious problems in treadleing a machine.LOL
    ok so rub it in

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    ok so rub it in
    Ok, my bad just could not resist
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Glenn;4949591]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! Have fun playing![/QUO

Thanks Charlee, now all my machines have the attachments they came with although I had to hunt for some in the antique and junk shops. All are in the original boxes they came in. I can buy attachments cheap here but the old ladies bring a high price here.
    sheesh, I should bring some old ladies down to your place - buy them here and sell them there...