Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3211 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 2211 2711 3111 3161 3201 3210 3211 3212 3221 3261 3311 3711 4211 ... LastLast
Results 32,101 to 32,110 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Oh my!!! I think you can get fined for getting together with other board members and not getting photos!!

So glad you had a good time!
    I bet someone took pictures!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Does any one have a slide plate for a Minnesota H? Joe or Jon didn't one of you tell us that the Minnesota parts were interchangeable with another machine - the Davis?

From what I can tell my Minnesota H was made by Domestic Sewing Machine Company and sold by Sears, although, it is confusing as ISMACS needle listing site says the Minnesota H was made by Davis and right below that it lists a Minnesota H made by Standard? To add to the confusion the White dating site claims the Minnesota H as a badged White? Interesting.

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 03-11-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Hmmm....I'm not sure what I think about this hot pink 301. Part of me likes it and part of me thinks I'd go blind staring at it for a long period. http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-HOT-PINK...#ht_500wt_1221
    Oh my! That is one HOT MAMA. That is one sewing machine DH would notice right away so I would have to be honest when he asks, "When did you get that one"? My Featherweight sat on the sewing table for weeks before he asked me when I got her. LOL.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Does any one have a slide plate for a Minnesota H? Joe or Jon didn't one of you tell us that the Minnesota parts were interchangeable with another machine - the Davis?

From what I can tell my Minnesota H was made by Domestic Sewing Machine Company and sold by Sears, although, it is confusing as ISMACS needle listing site says the Minnesota H was made by Davis and right below that it lists a Minnesota H made by Standard? To add to the confusion the White dating site claims the Minnesota H as a badged White? Interesting.

Nancy
    Ok in doing more research I found in ISMACS history of Sears sewing machines this quote. "In the 1930s, the Domestic vibrating shuttle sewing machines, the Minnesota New Model A and the Model H were phased out of production." So even ISMACS can't decide who made the Minnesota H?

Anyway, I need a slide plate!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovequilts722 View Post
    Hi all

I hope it's okay to join in the fun! I am thinking about buying a vintage Viking 6460. Looking forward to getting to know y'all!
    Ok Lovequilts722, is it red? The only 6460 I have seen is red and it uses cams! Lots of us on this board have vintage Singers that use cams. The Rocketeer (500 series) and the 400 series! I hope you get the machine and if you do please post pictures.

Nancy

Nancy
    Hi Nancy,
    Might want to check Thayer Rags, don't think the Davis Minnesota's parts will work on a Domestic Minnesota.
    Good Luck
    Jon

Ok Lovequilts722, is it red? The only 6460 I have seen is red and it uses cams! Lots of us on this board have vintage Singers that use cams. The Rocketeer (500 series) and the 400 series! I hope you get the machine and if you do please post pictures.

Nancy
    Hi there!

Yes, it is red and a beauty! It was love at first sight, really. LOL I'm waiting on a tax refund on Tuesday then hopefully I will get her off Etsy if she hasn't sold by then. Cross your fingers! I will definitely post pics when I get her. I'm so excited! She comes with several cams... one has little dogs on it.

Gee, Nancy--you're such a good friend!!
    I want to take part! I would have to take the Pfaff treadle and a few other jewels Miz Johnnny has - oh just to make her place less crowded you know!

Nancy
    Miz Johnny

I love the 6000 series Vikings. (I have 3 here right now; at least 2 more than I need.) The thing I would caution you on is the cam stack--they tend to break in these old puppies, and are not the easiest thing in the world to replace. I replaced one, and am glad I tried it, but have no desire to do it again!! I do have an extra put away in case the one on my RED machine ever breaks!!

Nancy
    Miz Johnny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Gee, we aren't asking for much are we? <GGG>
    Yeah! I like to think grand; but first, I need to win the Lotto!