Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-25-2013, 05:25 AM

Grant, love the Necchi! I have always thought the Necchis are really good looking machines - maybe, cause they remind me of a Pfaff 130! It is funny to hear about you guys in the dog house, that is usually where us women with this addiction end up!

Nancy
Old 07-25-2013, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Grant, love the Necchi! I have always thought the Necchis are really good looking machines - maybe, cause they remind me of a Pfaff 130! It is funny to hear about you guys in the dog house, that is usually where us women with this addiction end up!

Nancy
Hi, I'm Grant and I have an addiction....
~G~
Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

I'm Miriam and I am totally in denial.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Banned

I'm Steve, I have an obsession, and I do not want to be cured...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:17 AM

OMG , The cure !! I tought I was over the jones'n stage, untill I read Steve's post ...

Get this , I have seem this in person over 30 yrs ago , And Then , a guy reminded me 3 weeks ago , BUT he has only head the story ...from this person's son..

There is a couple , she died years ago, This guy is a junker, He saves anything and every thing ,, Fred stanford would break down and cry.. when you see the porperty It looks like an old chicken farm ( buildings) several old school buses, there no crap laying in the yard, it's al inside. some will call it crap, because he hs old trucks, cats, cranes, every thing is rusty ...

One of hose school buses is stuff full of dolls, the OTHER school Buses is filled up passed the windows with Sewing machines.. 30 yrs ago I was inside that bus, but do not remember seeing cabinets, He did say something on the lines of there being more in the barn, I can only guess that there has to be over 1000 machine heads in that Bus, preety sure it's heads only in there , He did point out some that he tought where rare. Doing the " look at this one deal "

only reason I saw them was in 1987/88 they had a yard sale. oneday I'll tell the story about The AB Howe I found stuff under workbench and forgotten about.. and then " she wouldn't sell it" .. LOlOL.

wonder if tri flow fixes keyboards ?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 AM

My name is Chris and I have an addiction to older sewing machines. I will happily sit and talk with you til your eyes glaze over about older sewing machines. No, I don't want a cure nor do I even care if there's a cure.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 AM

Hi, my name is Donna. I too, have this addiction and have started a mini group from our local quilt guild of similarly infected ladies. The bug is spreading and there is no apparent cure (but who wants one) and the best way to handle the infection is contact with like minded persons such as this group or the mini group of which I mentioned. Those infected can better be quarantined as we were in days of yore when we had measles or chicken pox. The infection is like chickenpox as it seems to come out again in your later years and causes great itching...itching to get our hands on more vintage/antique machines. Oh, what an itch it is!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:13 AM

Can I get an "Amen!" Mr Finch just snorted when I brought home the last rusty hulk. "But honey! It was the top of the line in 1954!"
Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Finch View Post
Can I get an "Amen!" Mr Finch just snorted when I brought home the last rusty hulk. "But honey! It was the top of the line in 1954!"
LOVE your response. Must remember it for the next rusty hulk I bring home.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
I had a Minnesota A before and it was one of the prettiest machines I have had. As of today, I am the new caretaker of a Minnesota H in a parlor treadle cabinet. I posted a couple of pix of it here.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...30994-124.html
I don't suppose anyone might be able to direct me to a place where I can find a manual or at least a threading diagram for this machine could they?
~G~
Grant, you do awesome work, especially on the Minnesota H. Your work reminds of another gentleman's work.

cherrybsixty