Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3250 of 4397 FirstFirst ... 2250 2750 3150 3200 3240 3249 3250 3251 3260 3300 3350 3750 4250 ... LastLast
Results 32,491 to 32,500 of 43970

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Charlee, Are you bidding on this one?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-DO...item2c63bc88dc
    Tell you what. I'll do the bidding, and everyone can pitch in on the final price...it'll belong to ALL of us, and I, of course, will keep custody of said cabinet...everyone's space issues being what they are and all...I'll let you all visit it lots!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pfroggg View Post
    Yup! 'Tis indeed, masquerading as a quilter.

pat
    I own one of your lovely blocks!!! It's going in one of my future quilts, honorary spot!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Tell you what. I'll do the bidding, and everyone can pitch in on the final price...it'll belong to ALL of us, and I, of course, will keep custody of said cabinet...everyone's space issues being what they are and all...I'll let you all visit it lots!!
    Too cute!! I still want my basement or loft. Be interesting to see what this one and the other one go for. He's selling a car too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Those bids keep going up and up don't they?? I'm glad I didn't drag us there to look at his collection. Those pieces are soooooo out of my price range!
    Way, way out of mine too! I'm the person that likes to collect the mutts or strays since they come cheap or free.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Those bids keep going up and up don't they?? I'm glad I didn't drag us there to look at his collection. Those pieces are soooooo out of my price range!
    Sew-Classic has been out of stock on those finger guards for a long time. I want a couple too. Here is another place to order. If somebody else has some I would sure like a couple.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    So all this talk about killing one's digits (fingers)with a needle, reminds me of the time I had to X-ray a man that had gotten a machine drill bit lodged into his hand.

A very very long time ago (life before CA and kids), I worked back east as an X-Ray technician in a very busy hospital that specialized in hand trauma. I worked in the emergency x-ray department. Well, one day, this guy who was totally wasted came in with this drill bit in his hand that was the size ~6 inches long and diameter ~1 inch. From what was told to doctor, the patient had been drinking on the job, set his hand down on the machine, and the drill bit went right through his metacarpals (you can google for where they are located in hand).
    The x-rays showed no fractures. The doctors that removed the bit from the hand told me that there was no nerve damage. He was one lucky fool.

So, there could be a moral to this story...don't drink and sew!

Monica,
    That is quite that score, a rare quilt block by Pat.
    It's a fact that there are only around 12 known to exist.
    -VBG-
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I own one of your lovely blocks!!! It's going in one of my future quilts, honorary spot!
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Quote Originally Posted by Denise_the_Quilt_Lady View Post
    Attachment 321187This is my favorite machine. LOL. It is in wonderful condition in spite of it's age. Light, and easy to carry, sews perfect straight lines. and will look nice displayed in my soon to be studio which will have a vinage look to it. This machine once belonged to my 83 year old mother's aunt. She bought it when she was in her 20's. I'm guessing it is about 90 years old.
    Welcome, Denise!

Your machine is such a cutie. I have a black one, but am always looking out for a white one at a price I can afford. The serial number is under the edge of the machine, and you can go to http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html and find out exactly when your machine was made, and mark that page, so you can always refer back to it when you find other machines. I enjoy looking at them, and like learning. I mean, I could let you tell me your serial number and me tell you the info, but it will be more fun for you to find out for yourself. I try to always use the "teach a man to fish..." philosophy. I hope you post pictures of your retro sewing room when you get it done.

Melinda
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Monica,
    That is quite that score, a rare quilt block by Pat.
    It's a fact that there are only around 12 known to exist.
    -VBG-
    Cathy
    I thought so, which is why it will go in center of a quilt that I make.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Welcome, Denise!

Your machine is such a cutie. I have a black one, but am always looking out for a white one at a price I can afford. The serial number is under the edge of the machine, and you can go to http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...-database.html and find out exactly when your machine was made, and mark that page, so you can always refer back to it when you find other machines. I enjoy looking at them, and like learning. I mean, I could let you tell me your serial number and me tell you the info, but it will be more fun for you to find out for yourself. I try to always use the "teach a man to fish..." philosophy. I hope you post pictures of your retro sewing room when you get it done.

Melinda
    I too am interested in her addition. I enjoy following threads on redos or additions of sewing rooms since it is interesting to see how one uses the vintage machines in the room (if there are vintage machines).