Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3313 of 4379 FirstFirst ... 2313 2813 3213 3263 3303 3312 3313 3314 3323 3363 3413 3813 4313 ... LastLast
Results 33,121 to 33,130 of 43788

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You did great, I will post instructions and you can organize them. I have 40 + years doing this but as you can see I am not much of an instructor. I will take all the help I can get. Thanks Skip
    Ok Glenn and Brynn, I had to get a Naptha substitute at Home Depot yesterday. I was told that because of all the rules and regulations in California - they can no longer sell Naptha here. Am I ok with the substitute? If so, that needs to be added to the list. I can't tell you what it is called as I left it in the garage - so I will post the brand name when I bring it in today.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Is raw linseed oil better or is boiled linseed oil best? DH says boiled is best - the raw doesn't dry - just making sure...
    Did I miss the answer to this question by Miriam? I also got the boiled linseed oil?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Monica and Cathy all joking aside, wouldn't it be fun to get a really nasty machine and do a demo of Glenn's technique at our next TOGA? Of course, we'd have to do the demo in the garage or at least outside, but I think that would be a cool thing to do!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Monica and Cathy all joking aside, wouldn't it be fun to get a really nasty machine and do a demo of Glenn's technique at our next TOGA? Of course, we'd have to do the demo in the garage or at least outside, but I think that would be a cool thing to do!

Nancy
    I'd love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post

If you enlarge the pic, it seems flipped and the logo may say Sears Kenmore. Is this the elusive Purple Lady Kenmore?
    Melinda

Believe it or not, I don't own a nasty machine. All of my e machines are in pretty good shape. Some dings in the paint here and there but no brown shellac. Of course, I don't own many black machines...only 3.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    If you enlarge the pic, it seems flipped and the logo may say Sears Kenmore. Is this the elusive Purple Lady Kenmore?
    I think you're right Melinda! Hmmmmm...

No. "No more machines Charlee!!"
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Melinda

Call her, Charlee, and check it out.
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post

Nancy
    I was thinking the same. At the Turlock TOGA, one lady, from Turlock, had a machine that she was cleaning up.
    At that time, I thought why not! Now, I'm thinking this would make a more interesting demo. I vote you do it!