Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Banned

oh yeah... It is ESPECIALLY in this condition.

I would guess the final price to be over $1500 but this person has listed this machien more than once and the bidding on one of the trys hit over $1600 (with no sale)

They mentioned in THAT ad that a similar one sold for $1875 on ebay without the oh so rare box....

I would guess that the seller wants $2000+
Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Seller needs to take better pic's and better formatting if they want the big bucks. Sometimes it's more about style than substance on ebay.

Jon
Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 PM

Would you by chance have a manuel for Free Westinghouse model J ? I just got mine and can not seem to get it threaded correctly........so I cant sew with it...........any help appreciated..........
Old 01-11-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
Would you by chance have a manuel for Free Westinghouse model J ? I just got mine and can not seem to get it threaded correctly........so I cant sew with it...........any help appreciated..........
If no one comes through with a manual for you perhaps you can post some pics and someone will have something similar and can help out with the threading. I have a New Home (part of Free) NLC Rotary manual which may or may not be similar. Good Luck

Jon
Old 01-13-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
First of all, I assume that you’re talking about the Singer Class 66 machines, not all Singer machines.

In my experience with the Singer Class 66, the handcrank “boss” began appearing in 1913. I don’t think that they were designed as a “motor boss”, but later on when electrification began, the motor bracket was designed to fit onto the handcrank boss, or “hand attachment boss”.

I wouldn’t expect a 1910 Singer 66 to have a boss on it.

CD in Oklahoma
Thank you ThayerRags. I knew I read this somewhere and this may be it, but I am not certain. However, here, the author is talking specifically about the 27K. http://oldsingersewingmachineblog.co...wing-machines/ I don't remember everything and that is sometimes dangerous. I suppose I believed that it was for all Singer machines. Also, thanks to all that responded to my question.
~G~
Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice/assistance. We purchased an old house in Oct. along with its contents. I now have a Queen treadle and a Singer 66 Red Eye (very cool!!). I started cleaning up the Red Eye today and like an idiot I saw what I thought was red lint stuck by the bobbin case and have been picking & pulling at it. UGH!! Now I understand that it is a wick. How the heck do I replace this? I know I should have researched first but just didn't think clearly - one of my cats was killed last night on the road and we are trying to dig a grave for her - ground frozen, rainy awful day. So please be kind lol. I will post some pics soon to show you what I inherited here. Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Yankeegirl View Post
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice/assistance. We purchased an old house in Oct. along with its contents. I now have a Queen treadle and a Singer 66 Red Eye (very cool!!). I started cleaning up the Red Eye today and like an idiot I saw what I thought was red lint stuck by the bobbin case and have been picking & pulling at it. UGH!! Now I understand that it is a wick. How the heck do I replace this? I know I should have researched first but just didn't think clearly - one of my cats was killed last night on the road and we are trying to dig a grave for her - ground frozen, rainy awful day. So please be kind lol. I will post some pics soon to show you what I inherited here. Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Sorry to hear about your cat Yankeegirl.
This should help you with your wick issue. Plain craft felt works, but your sewing store MAY carry or can get the replacement.
http://color-my-world-with-warmth.bl...k-on-66-1.html
~G~
BTW, I recently restored a Queen. Pretty machines.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:26 PM

Oh thank you so much! I will check that out and let you know how I do. Do you have any pics of the restored Queen? Would love to see them.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:28 PM

Not sure how to do this. I have very little computerese and don't know if anyone will get this message or how to retrieve an answer.
Today I bought a Singer 404 with beautiful table at a thrift store. The machine needs exterior cleaning up to start. What should I use to clean the exterior body of it, and all the nooks and crannies? I haven't opened the machine yet. the sample showed a beautiful stitch. Basically it was the table I was interested in so the machine was secondary. I read it's a good machine.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by angelarose View Post
The machine needs exterior cleaning up to start.... I read it's a good machine.
You read right. There's a sticky thread on how to clean vintage machines third or fourth from the top of the vintage enthusiast section.