Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3401 of 4386 FirstFirst ... 2401 2901 3301 3351 3391 3400 3401 3402 3411 3451 3501 3901 ... LastLast
Results 34,001 to 34,010 of 43851

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    There are some awesome looking cabinets and treadles back East. http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/atq/2958838422.html

Someone looking for a 1867 Weed. http://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/2931012829.html
    I'm thinking there is a collector out there letting a few out at a time...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Havplenty, that's a beautiful 99! I paid $40 for mine a few years ago. It sews like a charm.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    Those 99s, Spartans and 185s are all pretty nice little machines. Put a finger guard on and let a kid learn to sew.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    trolling the cl listings today i saw this singer 201 listed for just under $1,000.00 ($995.00). it's a beautiful machine & looks hardly used. the seller listed this info about the machine: Machine Class / Model Number: 201 / Quantity Allotted: 15,000. Year/Date Alloted: March 15, 1949. Serial number: AJ175398. i wonder how the seller arrived at a $1,000 selling price especially when there are so many vintage singers for sale in the area.... unless because it is one of only 15,000 that price is warranted. there was also a great looking 99k for $60 and what i think is a red eye for $50. i am glad i'm not a collector. four vintage singers is enough for me, except i do want a featherweight. there was FW for sale on cl today also but it did not look too great.

the $995.00 201. beautiful machine.

the 99k for $60.00. great looking machine

the red eye (i believe) for $50.00 but it looks a bit battered

the featherweight and what the seller listed about it: Cord needs fixed. It's got a lot of oily substance on it.... would clean up to very beautiful!! it was listed for $150.00. hmmm... i wonder if the seller would accept an offer of half of that just in case the oily stuff doesnt clean up quite so well.

i just love looking at the vintage singers.
    Havplenty, the 201 is way way over priced! The rest look pretty good and are pretty reasonably priced. I'd offer less for the FW, it looks pretty rusted up, but those little jewels are such great machines, I'd bet you'd be able to get it purring along perfectly.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    There are some awesome looking cabinets and treadles back East. http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/atq/2958838422.html

Someone looking for a 1867 Weed. http://lancaster.craigslist.org/atq/2931012829.html
    Monica, that Weed is awesome looking!

Nancy

Muv
    Miriam, you made me larf toda even if you did crib it from a newspaper chiz you swot nex time i see a nigel molesworth book for sail second hand its yors an if i never see won wel its just hard chedder old gurl

Time for you all to see what my bro in law found in a charity shop and waltzed round here for me today. It came in its own box (don't know if it is the original) and with the manual, so I can look at lots of interesting pictures of attachments that weren't with it. We have taken off the spool holder, which was already broken, but if someone has any tips for gluing a small piece of cast iron back together I would be very grateful to hear from you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Muv,
    OH, am I envious. That machine is gorgeous

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Miriam, you made me larf toda even if you did crib it from a newspaper chiz you swot nex time i see a nigel molesworth book for sail second hand its yors an if i never see won wel its just hard chedder old gurl

Time for you all to see what my bro in law found in a charity shop and waltzed round here for me today. It came in its own box (don't know if it is the original) and with the manual, so I can look at lots of interesting pictures of attachments that weren't with it. We have taken off the spool holder, which was already broken, but if someone has any tips for gluing a small piece of cast iron back together I would be very grateful to hear from you.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Muv, it's GORGEOUS!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charlee View Post
    muv, it's gorgeous!!
    ditto!!! You have all the luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
    havplenty, the 201 is way way over priced! The rest look pretty good and are pretty reasonably priced. I'd offer less for the fw, it looks pretty rusted up, but those little jewels are such great machines, i'd bet you'd be able to get it purring along perfectly.

Nancy
    that oily stuff on the FW is the finish - see glenn