Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3426 of 4350 FirstFirst ... 2426 2926 3326 3376 3416 3425 3426 3427 3436 3476 3526 3926 ... LastLast
Results 34,251 to 34,260 of 43496

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Quilt addict,
    I used to live really close to where those machines are. I miss s.CA.
    Sharon W.
    (former CA beach bunny)
    Sharon, you and I are both transplants....I am a native San Fernando Valley Girl, but way before all the hype about it!! :-) Left there in 1990, and don't want to go back!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Those bowls are gorgeous! Beautiful work!!!
    Ditto!! Great wood work!

Blog Entries
    Candace, Thanks for posting the tutorial and helpful info on the Elnas.

At first, I couldn't get the link to show the info, so I took the elkgrove portion of the link to look for the link on the Elna repair.

Your orchids are very pretty!!!

I am looking for a nut for a 1911 Michigan Farmer sewing Machine. The nut is a 7/16" with 18 NF.

Carol Sorvig
    rickandcarols@comcast.net

Blog Entries
    Anamaria, Did you figure out how to get the hand wheel off that machine? What is the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    I am looking for a nut for a 1911 Michigan Farmer sewing Machine. The nut is a 7/16" with 18 NF.

Carol Sorvig
    rickandcarols@comcast.net

Where's the nut located on the machine?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Anamaria, Did you figure out how to get the hand wheel off that machine? What is the machine?
    Hi Monica, No, I haven't figured out how to get the wheel off. I will keep trying if not she will come up with me to the next TOGA. I have been doing some detail cleaning, all the metal, and the inside, making her shine. Was thinking of applying shelac using Glenn's tutorial. Here is a picture of her so far. The slide plates, and bobbin winder are all done, they just need to go back on. I will post a picture when she is all done. She is looking good.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Grayhare,
    I think the previous post was correct, it looks to me like the small pin in the. Center of the shaft will have to be driven out with a drift pin pinch. Preferably one with a "hollow" end. A flat punch will work, but it would deformed the nicely rounded end of your pin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
    Hi Monica, No, I haven't figured out how to get the wheel off. I will keep trying if not she will come up with me to the next TOGA. I have been doing some detail cleaning, all the metal, and the inside, making her shine. Was thinking of applying shelac using Glenn's tutorial. Here is a picture of her so far. The slide plates, and bobbin winder are all done, they just need to go back on. I will post a picture when she is all done. She is looking good.
    She is looking very PRETTY! You are definitely a meticulous worker; she shines! Plus, all your tools are so neatly lined up! Beautiful decals!!

Blog Entries

Miniature Furniture

When I am not sewing or working on sewing machines I make mine furniture in 1/12 scale. I would like to show you a few pieces. These are my wife's parlor furniture in miniature. The mini-table is setting on tip of the full size table
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Glenn W. Cleveland