Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3548 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2548 3048 3448 3498 3538 3547 3548 3549 3558 3598 3648 4048 ... LastLast
Results 35,471 to 35,480 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Donno how else you are going to get in there dude... Maybe we can haul the machines into the back yard in the shade - probably better light... Is Pat good at sorting attachments and motors and foot controls into some semblance of order? I have stuff in there - I know it's in there - I just can't find anything. I think there might be some MW stuff in a closet but there are a dozen or so sewing machine tables stacked in front of the door. If the MW stuff isn't in there is it in some box full of junk somewhere in the shop. Right now it looks like sewing machine hoarder's heaven... or well, what ever... the kids are screeching for an intervention...
    Miriam, you are ready for a really big shop that you can work in
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Can anyone tell me is this "Famous" buttonhole worker fits all singers, or just the ones with low shank? It does not say any where in the manuel that came with it. It just says that the buttonhole worker is a modle "CC" for Singer sewing machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    I'm jealous! I want a visit from Skip and Pat!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Kat, I would think just the low shank Singers, but am not sure...can you get us a better pic of the part that attaches?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    NOPE! no big shop - I had one once - I had a business making tents. Before I knew it that big old 30 X 50 ft pole barn was full of old junk and my lofting space kept shrinking - I'm still getting rid of that junk - stuff expands to fill the available space. Right now I have too many machines and cabinets. Sheesh. I've been fixing up all I can without doing wiring - maybe Joe can show up when you are here Glenn - we could re-wire 40 motors or so - do a marathon. If we get lucky Rain could show up and we could re-wire the Singer 15s with the potted motors. We'd have to to that in the 'show' room... after we clear out all the cabinets. The good thing about all these machines is that I am learning a LOT. I'm getting more confident in what I can do. But then again there is a lot to learn. I love it!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Donno how else you are going to get in there dude... Maybe we can haul the machines into the back yard in the shade - probably better light... Is Pat good at sorting attachments and motors and foot controls into some semblance of order? I have stuff in there - I know it's in there - I just can't find anything. I think there might be some MW stuff in a closet but there are a dozen or so sewing machine tables stacked in front of the door. If the MW stuff isn't in there is it in some box full of junk somewhere in the shop. Right now it looks like sewing machine hoarder's heaven... or well, what ever... the kids are screeching for an intervention...
    I'm thinking of making a cardboard template of some type- maybe an outline? to use to quickly sort feet. As I clean up my sewing room, I keep finding strays....Laura

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Kat, I would think just the low shank Singers, but am not sure...can you get us a better pic of the part that attaches?
    Sorry I can't. DD just left with her camera. She was nice enough to take some pictures for me but the three I posted are all I have.

Blog Entries
    NOPE! no big shop - I had one once - I had a business making tents. Before I knew it that big old 30 X 50 ft pole barn was full of old junk and my lofting space kept shrinking - I'm still getting rid of that junk - stuff expands to fill the available space. Right now I have too many machines and cabinets. Sheesh. I've been fixing up all I can without doing wiring - maybe Joe can show up when you are here Glenn - we could re-wire 40 motors or so - do a marathon. If we get lucky Rain could show up and we could re-wire the Singer 15s with the potted motors. We'd have to to that in the 'show' room... after we clear out all the cabinets. The good thing about all these machines is that I am learning a LOT. I'm getting more confident in what I can do. But then again there is a lot to learn. I love it!!!
    How long to you think we are going to be in Indy???
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Yes that is a low shank only button holer. You better read that manual so you can figure out how to make it work. My mom had one for years and nobody ever saw it until recently - I think she kept it hidden away so nobody would take it apart (blush) The button holers that fit a slant shank have 'SLANT' stamped on the top of the piece that goes on the post. The professional button holer will have 'STRAIGHT' on the short shank button holer. There are a few button holers to fit odd shafts but the part that attaches to the shaft is odd shaped too. IS THIS CLEAR????????
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    LOL we have an extra house - maybe we can clean out that room SIL sleeps in on occasion.... nah - just yanking your chain