Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3571 of 4387 FirstFirst ... 2571 3071 3471 3521 3561 3570 3571 3572 3581 3621 3671 4071 ... LastLast
Results 35,701 to 35,710 of 43866

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Muv, I think Patrice misunderstood...I'm sending her another message! (It would have been my fault, that was the only link I sent her to show her one of the results of someone that's used the tute)
    There should be others if you can find them all.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    It was a misunderstanding! If you find more posts that tell to use Goop or Gojo to clean machines, let Patrice know and send her a link...

I'm off to send an apology to Blackberry...it was MY fault her post was deleted!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Anyone have a "Graybar" machine that needs a case?

http://bend.craigslist.org/atq/3080300277.html
    I wonder if my Minnesota ~B~ would fit in that case? She needs a home.

Joe

Muv
    Now if I were in Indianapolis....

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...29609.html#des

Has it already been sold? In which case blast, I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Now if I were in Indianapolis....

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...29609.html#des

Has it already been sold? In which case blast, I missed it.
    Yes, it ended Thursday at 5:00 PM Pacific time and went for $67.00. That is the highest I've seen a Singer Treadle go for. It being a Model 15 must have had something to do with it.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Yes, it ended Thursday at 5:00 PM Pacific time and went for $67.00. That is the highest I've seen a Singer Treadle go for. It being a Model 15 must have had something to do with it.

Joe
    I bid on it...
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Anyone out there with a 310 Pfaff machine in treadle? I'd like to see some pictures and get some information on how to do this. I have a 310 Pfaff that I would like to put in a treadle. Can anyone give me some good advise on the subject?

Claudia
    A new member

Hey guys. After posting pics of my recent acquisitions in the other thread, y'all told me to come over here to discuss so here I am! I could use some help finding more information on these machines. They look to be from the 60s or 70s based on their design and features, but I can't find any serial numbers to date them. Also, I can't find ANY info on this Lenco. When I search the name I come up with a garment manufacturer in NYC, so I'm guessing this might be an industrial machine from the garment district. The motor on it is made in Belgium, but the front plate says Japan. I went looking for a sewing cabinet at a local resale shop and she had this one, and let me have the machine with it for an extra 5 bucks. I wasn't going to say no! I'll post the pics again for reference:
    White Sewing Machine- Picked up for 35.00 cabinet included. Works as far as I can see except the plug needs to be rewired.
    Name:  white.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  40.3 KB
    Dressmaker, also acquired for 35.00 in its cabinet. This one seems to work just fine as far as I can see.
    Name:  dressmaker.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  41.6 KB
    Lenco- I cant find ANYTHING on this machine!
    Name:  lenco.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  108.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    Hey guys. After posting pics of my recent acquisitions in the other thread, y'all told me to come over here to discuss so here I am! I could use some help finding more information on these machines. They look to be from the 60s or 70s based on their design and features, but I can't find any serial numbers to date them. Also, I can't find ANY info on this Lenco. When I search the name I come up with a garment manufacturer in NYC, so I'm guessing this might be an industrial machine from the garment district. The motor on it is made in Belgium, but the front plate says Japan. I went looking for a sewing cabinet at a local resale shop and she had this one, and let me have the machine with it for an extra 5 bucks. I wasn't going to say no! I'll post the pics again for reference:
    White Sewing Machine- Picked up for 35.00 cabinet included. Works as far as I can see except the plug needs to be rewired.
    Name:  white.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  40.3 KB
    Dressmaker, also acquired for 35.00 in its cabinet. This one seems to work just fine as far as I can see.
    neither one is an industrial machine.
    the Lenco is a badged Japanese.

Name:  000_0028.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  3.9 KBName:  000_0030.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  4.1 KB