Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3571 of 4387 FirstFirst ... 2571 3071 3471 3521 3561 3570 3571 3572 3581 3621 3671 4071 ... LastLast
Results 35,701 to 35,710 of 43866

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #35701
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,226
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Muv, I think Patrice misunderstood...I'm sending her another message! (It would have been my fault, that was the only link I sent her to show her one of the results of someone that's used the tute)
    There should be others if you can find them all.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  2. #35702
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    It was a misunderstanding! If you find more posts that tell to use Goop or Gojo to clean machines, let Patrice know and send her a link...

    I'm off to send an apology to Blackberry...it was MY fault her post was deleted!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  3. #35703
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Anyone have a "Graybar" machine that needs a case?

    http://bend.craigslist.org/atq/3080300277.html
    I wonder if my Minnesota ~B~ would fit in that case? She needs a home.

    Joe

  4. #35704
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    Now if I were in Indianapolis....

    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...29609.html#des

    Has it already been sold? In which case blast, I missed it.

  5. #35705
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Now if I were in Indianapolis....

    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...29609.html#des

    Has it already been sold? In which case blast, I missed it.
    Yes, it ended Thursday at 5:00 PM Pacific time and went for $67.00. That is the highest I've seen a Singer Treadle go for. It being a Model 15 must have had something to do with it.

    Joe

  6. #35706
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,226
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Yes, it ended Thursday at 5:00 PM Pacific time and went for $67.00. That is the highest I've seen a Singer Treadle go for. It being a Model 15 must have had something to do with it.

    Joe
    I bid on it...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #35707
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    30
    Anyone out there with a 310 Pfaff machine in treadle? I'd like to see some pictures and get some information on how to do this. I have a 310 Pfaff that I would like to put in a treadle. Can anyone give me some good advise on the subject?

    Claudia
    A new member

  8. #35708
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    507
    Hey guys. After posting pics of my recent acquisitions in the other thread, y'all told me to come over here to discuss so here I am! I could use some help finding more information on these machines. They look to be from the 60s or 70s based on their design and features, but I can't find any serial numbers to date them. Also, I can't find ANY info on this Lenco. When I search the name I come up with a garment manufacturer in NYC, so I'm guessing this might be an industrial machine from the garment district. The motor on it is made in Belgium, but the front plate says Japan. I went looking for a sewing cabinet at a local resale shop and she had this one, and let me have the machine with it for an extra 5 bucks. I wasn't going to say no! I'll post the pics again for reference:
    White Sewing Machine- Picked up for 35.00 cabinet included. Works as far as I can see except the plug needs to be rewired.
    Name:  white.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  40.3 KB
    Dressmaker, also acquired for 35.00 in its cabinet. This one seems to work just fine as far as I can see.
    Name:  dressmaker.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  41.6 KB
    Lenco- I cant find ANYTHING on this machine!
    Name:  lenco.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  108.3 KB

  9. #35709
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,226
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    Hey guys. After posting pics of my recent acquisitions in the other thread, y'all told me to come over here to discuss so here I am! I could use some help finding more information on these machines. They look to be from the 60s or 70s based on their design and features, but I can't find any serial numbers to date them. Also, I can't find ANY info on this Lenco. When I search the name I come up with a garment manufacturer in NYC, so I'm guessing this might be an industrial machine from the garment district. The motor on it is made in Belgium, but the front plate says Japan. I went looking for a sewing cabinet at a local resale shop and she had this one, and let me have the machine with it for an extra 5 bucks. I wasn't going to say no! I'll post the pics again for reference:
    White Sewing Machine- Picked up for 35.00 cabinet included. Works as far as I can see except the plug needs to be rewired.
    Name:  white.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  40.3 KB
    Dressmaker, also acquired for 35.00 in its cabinet. This one seems to work just fine as far as I can see.
    neither one is an industrial machine.
    the Lenco is a badged Japanese.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  10. #35710
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Name:  000_0028.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  3.9 KBName:  000_0030.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  4.1 KB

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.