Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3791 of 4385 FirstFirst ... 2791 3291 3691 3741 3781 3790 3791 3792 3801 3841 3891 4291 ... LastLast
Results 37,901 to 37,910 of 43844

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Was the machine in good condition otherwise? Could it be treadled?
    Sharon
    Yes...but I don't need another treadle...wanted this one for the "embroidery" stitches....
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Yes...but I don't need another treadle...wanted this one for the "embroidery" stitches....
    I guess its a good thing I don't live near you, I'd have had to bring it home.

Blog Entries
    Want I should pick it up for you?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Want I should pick it up for you?
    If it didn't cost so danged much for shipping, you know I would!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Hello everyone! I have been gone for a week with out of state company! I am back and wondering how the TOGA went last Saturday? Did any of you go? Did any you get goodies from Cathy and Pat's pile of thinned goodies?

Nancy
    Yes, indeed. A cute little VS eldridge, a Singer clone branded "smart" that we made into a hand crank for ten year old son, and another 15 clone branded simpsons, which 14 year old son wants as a hand crank, so he can sew "after the zombie apocalypses". (He is bonded to a Morse that sews like a sherman tank. I think he just want s the HC because little brother has one) But we need another hand crank around here for play dates. So I might just convert it. Pat smiled knowingly as I took them, and said "you're in an earlier stage" and then drove off fast before I changed my mind! Laura

The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't researched, but I think the power cord should be an easy find. I don't know what the bobbin cases are selling for. Keep looking - they seem to find you.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by wesing View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't researched, but I think the power cord should be an easy find. I don't know what the bobbin cases are selling for. Keep looking - they seem to find you.

Darren
    Not true. Pfaff cords, for vintage machines, are pricey and usually a bit hard to find.

Blog Entries
    The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!
    What kind of bobbin case do they take?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pfroggg View Post
    Hi Nancy,

The TOGA was lots of fun; you should have been there! I went with 7 miscellaneous heads and electrics and came home with only one. PAT
    Pat I wanted to come so bad, but I had my Aunt here from Washington for 9 days. She comes once a year to visit, and she is not into any kind of sewing or sewing machines. I don't feel it is right to leave company who arrange their schedule, plan, and spend the money to come - I have to rearrange my schedule too. I would of loved to see what you and Cathy were willing to give up! Hopefully, next time I will be there!

I picked up another TSM on Monday. It is my second Singer made in about 1950. The lady I bought it from had had the machine from the time she was a little girl. My Aunt saw the machines I already had and said she has my Grandmother's TSM, which she is going to mail to me! My grandmother was born in 1906 so I am really excited to get her machine!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
    Yes, indeed. A cute little VS eldridge, a Singer clone branded "smart" that we made into a hand crank for ten year old son, and another 15 clone branded simpsons, which 14 year old son wants as a hand crank, so he can sew "after the zombie apocalypses". (He is bonded to a Morse that sews like a sherman tank. I think he just want s the HC because little brother has one) But we need another hand crank around here for play dates. So I might just convert it. Pat smiled knowingly as I took them, and said "you're in an earlier stage" and then drove off fast before I changed my mind! Laura
    Laura, I am happy you got some new machines! I'd like to see photos of the HC's. I was thinking about you and the 401 you wanted. Obviously, I didn't make it down there with the 401! The truth be told, I was not in a hurry to part with my 401 anyway! I have a very hard time parting with certain models! I sold 5 machines this summer, but the 500's and 400's are not the ones I have parted with!

Nancy