Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3836 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 2836 3336 3736 3786 3826 3835 3836 3837 3846 3886 3936 4336 ... LastLast
Results 38,351 to 38,360 of 43840

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

That is so pretty. I'm thinking that it's some sort of faux painting technique. Wondering if I could do this with the one I have that is really ugly...referring to the pink mosaic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
    I just picked up a 99K yesterday. The motor didn't work, so I was planning on putting a handcrank on her. You can see the clear coat (I'm guessing) looks like alligator skin. I did a quick wipe down, but she will need a good cleaning, and so forth. The race area is really dirty, and a lot of fluff.
    Anamaria
    Anamaria, Looks like the clear coat is gone in spots.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    That is so pretty. I'm thinking that it's some sort of faux painting technique. Wondering if I could do this with the one I have that is really ugly...referring to the pink mosaic.
    I think I would like it to be faux rather than real... Seems like it would be easier to move around as well. I have a White in a faux something cabinet - looks terrible. Must have been done a while ago. I'd say if you bother to do anything do a nice job.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

The 99K came in a blonde cabinet, that had been stained, but the stain is coming off in areas, other than that issue the cabinet is in nice condition. You can see in the pictures, that the stain will just peel off in areas, and other areas the stain has gone into the wood. In those areas it seems like there is no finish?? I don't know if that makes sense?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I have noticed that lately the image doesn't show after uploading like it had before. So, there is no way of knowing that it went through until after you post the reply. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Sometimes images need to be made smaller and other times not. I don't know if that answered your question.
    grumble grumble complain grumble some more - couldn't make it stick.... don't know how to resize that one - it was a sewing machine cabinet painted purple and they made it into a little kitchen. Pretty cute actually. Did you see the one turned upside down, put a pillow in it and made it into a doggie bed?
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
    The 99K came in a blonde cabinet, that had been stained, but the stain is coming off in areas, other than that issue the cabinet is in nice condition. You can see in the pictures, that the stain will just peel off in areas, and other areas the stain has gone into the wood. In those areas it seems like there is no finish?? I don't know if that makes sense?
    UM Glenn is fishing again - ask him when he gets back.

Blog Entries
    Charlee did one up like a quilt

Blog Entries
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sassycrafter/1108283051/ this one used pattern pieces glued on - kind of unique.

Maybe I'll just leave it open all the time . Oh wow, that must look fantastic...referring to Charlee's quilted machine...quilters are so crafty!

Blog Entries
    Maybe I'll just leave it open all the time . Oh wow, that must look fantastic...referring to Charlee's quilted machine...quilters are so crafty!
    It's on here... somewhere....