Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3882 of 4419 FirstFirst ... 2882 3382 3782 3832 3872 3881 3882 3883 3892 3932 3982 4382 ... LastLast
Results 38,811 to 38,820 of 44181

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #38811
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    sf bay area, california
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy, wouldn't it be cool if you or Pat or someone demonstrated how those old buttonholers work at our next TOGA? Something to think about - I would love to see someone make a buttonhole with a treadle or handcrank!
    Not me, Nancy! I'm just a voyeur. But I'd enjoy seeing a buttonhole demo at the next TOGA too. Volunteers??

    pat

  2. #38812
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,664
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee, it is really nice to hear you are doing better. Have you had any time to sew while you are preparing for the election!

    Chris it is also nice to hear from you again! Did you get the Pfaff?

    Nancy
    Nancy; Had to finish up a prayer shawl for the pastor yesterday and never got down to the store yesterday where it is but I have pm'd with Candace about the machine. I will look at it and clean it up some (remove lint from bobbin area) and try to sew with it. It has 12 stitches but not the IDT foot so it's a lower end machine which shop owner may or may not believe. I don't have a dog in the fight so I don't care if she believes me but I've had several people tell me it's not worth much more than $50. There can be issues with cracked plastic parts too which would make it a parts machine. I don't know how much looking & tinkering the shop owner will let me do so that may determine if I even make an offer.

    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  3. #38813
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    I live in Stockton, Ca. Grew up in North Dakota.
    Posts
    1
    Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying reading all the threads regarding vintage machines. I have the bug. I'm learning how to fix them as I get them. It is sooo much fun. Almost as much as quilting free motion which I am learning as well. Definitely the novice.
    Peg

  4. #38814
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Nancy,

    I'd love to do a BHer demo, and maybe a monogrammer demo too.
    Pat and I are still discussing the date for the next TOGA, maybe the last Friday or Saturday in December.

    Cathy


    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy, wouldn't it be cool if you or Pat or someone demonstrated how those old buttonholers work at our next TOGA? Something to think about - I would love to see someone make a buttonhole with a treadle or handcrank!

    Nancy
    Cathy

    "Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

  5. #38815
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,243
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Does anyone know how Texas Jan is doing - how her husband is doing?

    Glenn?

    Nancy
    Tx Jan and her husband are doing fine so far. He had his last chemo this week. Now it is wait and see. He has had a rough time of it so lets hope it is over. I talk with her everyday and will ask her to post the latest for you guys.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  6. #38816
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13,182
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

    I'd love to do a BHer demo, and maybe a monogrammer demo too.
    Pat and I are still discussing the date for the next TOGA, maybe the last Friday or Saturday in December.

    Cathy
    WAH WAH WAH I wanna come too...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #38817
    Senior Member quiltdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    486
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Does anyone know how Texas Jan is doing - how her husband is doing?

    Glenn?

    Nancy
    Thanks for asking about me!! Glenn is right, we are doing ok for now. Dick has his last chemo tomorrow for leukemia. His bone marrow won't take any more. He has had chemo for lymphoma that went to his bone marrow in 2010 and now two different chemo drugs for the leukemia, starting in June 2012. He has been hospitalized over 2 months of the past 5 months. He also had to have a heart procedure last week for an electrical heart problem. Now he is off most of the heart medicines he is feeling much better than he has in several months. Anyway he has one more month that the chemo will drag him down and probably put him in hospital with low blood counts and then the Dr's watch him and hope that the remission lasts a long time. I have not bought or worked on a machine since he got sick. I just don't have the time, but really don't have the patience to deal with cranky iron ladies right now. I read the Board almost every day and enjoy seeing what you all have, and I hope to be back amongst the collectors soon. Glenn has been so good to keep my spirits up and he and his wife Pat have been cheerleaders for me. Hopefully I will find a "new" normal soon.

    Texas Jan

  8. #38818
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13,182
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    Thanks for asking about me!! Glenn is right, we are doing ok for now. Dick has his last chemo tomorrow for leukemia. His bone marrow won't take any more. He has had chemo for lymphoma that went to his bone marrow in 2010 and now two different chemo drugs for the leukemia, starting in June 2012. He has been hospitalized over 2 months of the past 5 months. He also had to have a heart procedure last week for an electrical heart problem. Now he is off most of the heart medicines he is feeling much better than he has in several months. Anyway he has one more month that the chemo will drag him down and probably put him in hospital with low blood counts and then the Dr's watch him and hope that the remission lasts a long time. I have not bought or worked on a machine since he got sick. I just don't have the time, but really don't have the patience to deal with cranky iron ladies right now. I read the Board almost every day and enjoy seeing what you all have, and I hope to be back amongst the collectors soon. Glenn has been so good to keep my spirits up and he and his wife Pat have been cheerleaders for me. Hopefully I will find a "new" normal soon.

    Texas Jan
    I'm glad to hear from you - thought you just vanished into thin air or something.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  9. #38819
    Senior Member quiltdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    486
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I'm glad to hear from you - thought you just vanished into thin air or something.
    Sounds like a good idea some days, but I've been on the road between Granbury and Ft Worth almost every day. That's about 40 miles each way, plus whatever we have to do there. Just part of my "contract". lol

    Texas Jan

  10. #38820
    Super Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,027
    Blog Entries
    7
    Jan, Keep up the good spirits, maybe you and your hubby are on the down side of all the medication now. Hope for the best to each of you.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

    Trish

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.