Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3907 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 2907 3407 3807 3857 3897 3906 3907 3908 3917 3957 4007 ... LastLast
Results 39,061 to 39,070 of 43832

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Its a 66 from 1941.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by alabam49 View Post
    I saw an old Singer at the thrift store today with a model # AG 276697.....can someone tell me which machine this is? It was in a cabinet & was $75.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Cathy, I could find the date of 1941 but I don't know where to find what model a machine is. Can you give me the website, please. Thanks,
    Donna
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Its a 66 from 1941.

Cathy

Try this site. ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-sewing-machine-serial-numbers-database.html

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    Cathy, I could find the date of 1941 but I don't know where to find what model a machine is. Can you give me the website, please. Thanks,
    Donna
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Well, I've been out spending money again... I found a Phoenix. This machine is pretty cool - made in Germany - 1950s
    it has a cam stack - I find it similar to the Singer 319 in some ways. I took pics but I don't know if they will post.
    Attachment 373728
    and
    Attachment 373729
    The bobbin has a flip down cover the case and bobbin ride in. Whole area is full of lint.
    There is a lever on the back to push as the lever for the disks is pushed to select design stitches
    There is no manual but I found a sales brochure in wonderful condition.
    oh, super cute! love the green machines! laura

Blog Entries
    Cathy, Thank you again. I had found it in the past but lost where it was. Donna
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Try this site. ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/serial-numbers/singer-sewing-machine-serial-numbers-database.html

Cathy

Donna,

That link didn't work when I tried it. Try his one:
    http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...-database.html

Sorry,
    Cathy

Cathy, Thank you again. I had found it in the past but lost where it was. Donna
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    To you think industrial machines will sell for Christmas? I bet those would be heavy to ship. Where do you buy the cork for the oil bath? I seem to find industrial sewing machines all the time, too. They aren't really any different to work on - just a ton heavy...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I find this page is helpful determining and identifying Singer models of machines. I hope it helps. http://www.sandman-collectibles.com/...r-machines.htm
    Donna

Picked this up off craigslist the other day. First one of these I've got, in good shape and sews well.

serial # AG700180
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Lee; You might have warned us with a Drool Alert title for your post. She is just beautiful.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options