Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3922 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 2922 3422 3822 3872 3912 3921 3922 3923 3932 3972 4022 ... LastLast
Results 39,211 to 39,220 of 43734

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

I'm kind of leaning towards it being from an electric can opener too. Is the shaft that goes through the magnet plastic? Is the end threaded? If it is plastic or not threaded, I would doubt that it would be a sewing machine guide. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like the shaft goes through the magnet but is attached to it.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I'm kind of leaning towards it being from an electric can opener too. Is the shaft that goes through the magnet plastic? Is the end threaded? If it is plastic or not threaded, I would doubt that it would be a sewing machine guide. From the looks of it, it doesn't look like the shaft goes through the magnet but is attached to it.
    ~G~
    Actually, if that thing came off a can opener or something else - it is pretty innovative if the person used it as a seam guide! The magnet would work perfectly on the bed of our vintage machines.

Nancy

This is true, but I would be afraid of scratching the finish. Are there any scratches in the bed where this would go, or anywhere else on the machine, that match the magnet? Kind of like a footprint.
    ~G~
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Actually, if that thing came off a can opener or something else - it is pretty innovative if the person used it as a seam guide! The magnet would work perfectly on the bed of our vintage machines.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, I don't know what is either and I also thought it came off a can opener. I wish she was here to ask her what she did with this thing. I can't figure out how she attached it to the machine. the magnet is strong so maybe it was a make shift seam guide.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Ok. I was in the middle of cleaning and running my Pfaff 230. For anyone that has had a question about how well these Pfaff's run and how quiet they are, I shot a 15 second video of mine running with all of the covers off. So it is as noisy as it can get. Keep in mind that the microphone is INCHES away and there is no background noise to speak of.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Ok. I was in the middle of cleaning and running my Pfaff 230. For anyone that has had a question about how well these Pfaff's run and how quiet they are, I shot a 15 second video of mine running with all of the covers off. So it is as noisy as it can get. Keep in mind that the microphone is INCHES away and there is no background noise to speak of.
    Grant that is a cool little video! But, in person when you compare my Pfaff's to my 301 or Rocketeer, 401, etc., the Pfaff wins out on the quieter running issue.

Nancy

Thanks for the video...it should convince the non-believers how magical the Pfaffs are .

Naw, I like noisy machines .......

How about a 100 year old machine ................

Quiet machines are OK but they lull me to sleep ......... LOL

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Naw, I like noisy machines .......

How about a 100 year old machine ...............
    Quiet machines are OK but they lull me to sleep ......... LOL

Joe
    Does that work, Joe?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Miriam,

Yes it does sew, but the last time I used it I had fits with the tension. So it got set back till I was finished with other things.
    Much of the noise was due to the huge flat spot on the friction drive wheel.

Joe