Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3944 of 4418 FirstFirst ... 2944 3444 3844 3894 3934 3943 3944 3945 3954 3994 4044 ... LastLast
Results 39,431 to 39,440 of 44177

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #39431
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Rodney says RODNEY right smack across the front - I'm up to my eyeballs doing 3 days work in 2 so I'll have to shoot Rodney sometime when things settle down
    Oh Jeeze, Miriam I might just have to talk you out of another machine! My DH's name is Rodney! Too funny!

    Nancy

  2. #39432
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, my 319 is out of timing again. It isn't because my grandson messed with it either. I think, I did something wrong when I re-timed that machine. Now it works fine for straight stitch - a nice stitch, but when I try to do a zig zag it hits the bobbin casing. Cathy does that sound right to you? The machine can do one stitch but not another? Anyway, I am getting tired of messing with the 319! I wish, I could just drop one of my vintage Pfaff's in the treadle cabinet, but I know they are not set for the Singer hinges.

    Cathy why does it keep doing this? It seems to stitch fine for a while. I had used it to attach some binding ends together. I broke a needle - thought I had knocked it out of timing, but when I put in a new needle it worked fine. The needle had hit the casing so I just thought I had a bent needle due to the thickness of the binding. Today is the first time since then that I tried to do a zig zag -the first stitch the needle hit the casing and broke! I tried a new needle and just turned the HW, yep it hit the casing again - but, when I took the machine off of zig zag - a straight stitch, no problem! I got a nice straight stitch!

    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 11-21-2012 at 08:02 AM.

  3. #39433
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,242
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Well, my 319 is out of timing again. It isn't because my grandson messed with it either. I think, I did something wrong when I re-timed that machine. Now it works fine for straight stitch - a nice stitch, but when I try to do a zig zag it hits the bobbin casing. Cathy does that sound right to you? The machine can do one stitch but not another? Anyway, I am getting tired of messing with the 319! I wish, I could just drop one of my vintage Pfaff's in the treadle cabinet, but I know they are not set for the Singer hinges.

    Cathy why does it keep doing this? It seems to stitch fine for a while. I had used it to attach some binding ends together. I broke a needle - thought I had knocked it out of timing, but when I put in a new needle it worked fine. The needle had hit the casing so I just thought I had a bent needle due to the thickness of the binding. Today is the first time since then that I tried to do a zig zag -the first stitch the needle hit the casing and broke! I tried a new needle and just turned the HW, yep it hit the casing again - but, when I took the machine off of zig zag - a straight stitch, no problem! I got a nice straight stitch!

    Nancy
    I have never had this problem and my 319 still is treadling along I hope you find the fix.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  4. #39434
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,242
    Blog Entries
    1
    I want to wish everyone on the board a Happy Thanksgiving. I will give thanks for all you wonderful members who have provided great info on the vintage sewing machines. You are the greatest and Thank you again for the wonderful fishy quilt.

    A friend,
    Skipper
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  5. #39435
    Super Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,026
    Blog Entries
    7
    DH and I want to say Happy Thanks Giving to everyone on the board. We feel we have made a lot of new friends through this board.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

    Trish

  6. #39436
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13,170
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Oh Jeeze, Miriam I might just have to talk you out of another machine! My DH's name is Rodney! Too funny!

    Nancy
    Does your Rodney have a pink controller???
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #39437
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    35
    Random question here! I'm looking at featherweights and prefer the look of the ones from the 40's but can buy a pristine one(looks like it came from the factory) from 1956 from the daughter of the original owner. Is there any difference in the performance in the ones from the 1950's over the 1940's???
    Last edited by rosie99; 11-21-2012 at 04:27 PM.

  8. #39438
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13,170
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    DH and I want to say Happy Thanks Giving to everyone on the board. We feel we have made a lot of new friends through this board.
    Ditto here - I love it here - very thankful for friends here
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  9. #39439
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Does your Rodney have a pink controller???
    Hehehehehehehe! You just made my day! I have been cleaning all day for the crowd tomorrow! Now I am laughing my head off and my Rodney has no idea why! You are tooooooo funny Miriam!

    Nancy

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Everyone!

  10. #39440
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    7,125
    Happy Thanksgiving from me and Elaine.

    Joe

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.