Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3950 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2950 3450 3850 3900 3940 3949 3950 3951 3960 4000 4050 ... LastLast
Results 39,491 to 39,500 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Joe it wasn't the Bight control knob that I messed with - well I do that too -, but the actual position finger that is the clearance for the thread from the bobbin casing. I just messed with everything actually. Anyway, the 319 seems to be a little touchy.

Skip nice to have you back. Now tell me how much you use your 319 in treadle? I use mine almost everyday, if not to piece something, then to mend something. It is so easy to get to all the time. The fact that the 319 has decorative stitches means that no matter what I need to do - that machine can usually handle it. But, I am now getting a little worried because I seem to mess it up a lot! There was a 319 just like mine on our local Craigslist for $30 - in a cabinet - last week. By the time I saw the ad, it was already sold! I was going to get that one for a backup machine!

Nancy

Nancy
    those don't come up often do they?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by makitmama View Post
    Based on the conversation about machine names- my name is Priscilla and I finally scored a Priscilla machine off the bay. However, it arrived with the motor mount broken, so I am sending it back. Enough to make me cry, as I just NEVER see these for sale!
    Priscilla, that is just sad! You need to get Miriam, on here, to find you a Priscilla machine! Miriam is the best at packing machines so they arrive in great shape.

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 11-27-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingLubAS2C9 View Post
    I have a 301 without the bottom plate. Does anyone have one to sell?

Thanks,
    Lu in TN
    Have you tried Sew Classic or searching e-bay?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Priscilla, that is just sad! You need to get Miriam, on here, to find you a Priscilla machine! Miriam is the best at packing machines so they arrive in great shape.

Nancy
    I have a very nice looking blank clone - maybe you could write it on there?
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Joe it wasn't the Bight control knob that I messed with - well I do that too -, but the actual position finger that is the clearance for the thread from the bobbin casing. I just messed with everything actually. Anyway, the 319 seems to be a little touchy.

Skip nice to have you back. Now tell me how much you use your 319 in treadle? I use mine almost everyday, if not to piece something, then to mend something. It is so easy to get to all the time. The fact that the 319 has decorative stitches means that no matter what I need to do - that machine can usually handle it. But, I am now getting a little worried because I seem to mess it up a lot! There was a 319 just like mine (with a motor, but I'd just do a motorectomy) on our local Craigslist for $30 - in a cabinet - last week. By the time I saw the ad, it was already sold! I was going to get that one for a backup machine!

Nancy
    Nancy,

Bight control knob, position finger ....... ah parts nomenclature. The bane of my existence. Cars, sewing machines, anything else.
    Widgets, thingamajigs, whatsits, those I usually can figure out. , but Bight control, that's what your dentist works on ... right?

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Nancy,

Bight control knob, position finger ....... ah parts nomenclature. The bane of my existence. Cars, sewing machines, anything else.
    Widgets, thingamajigs, whatsits, those I usually can figure out. , but Bight control, that's what your dentist works on ... right?

Joe
    Joe it is BYTE control. Not bite control - that is what you work on with your DOG. LOL Joe you are so right. I hang up on that too. AND I refuse to make any attempt to take it apart and figure out how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Joe it is BYTE control. Not bite control - that is what you work on with your DOG. LOL Joe you are so right. I hang up on that too. AND I refuse to make any attempt to take it apart and figure out how it works.
    I would only take one apart "if" I had a detailed instruction manual with specs and pictures. Like a carburetor kit instruction sheet.
    LOL, it's been a loooooong time since I worked on one of those.

Joe

Blog Entries
    I have a sewing machine identical to this one but everytime I look it up to try and get some information about this model, everything sends me to *singer*. what kind of information do you have about this *dynamic* model. Year, make, and model please

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie1986 View Post
    I have a sewing machine identical to this one but everytime I look it up to try and get some information about this model, everything sends me to *singer*. what kind of information do you have about this *dynamic* model. Year, make, and model please
    Welcome to the vintage machine thread. If you want info about your machine, you'll need to post a picture. Dynamic is just too vague.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie1986 View Post
    Is it a clone?
    Here is a link to some Japanese 15s or clones: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up
    If not post a pic