Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3963 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 2963 3463 3863 3913 3953 3962 3963 3964 3973 4013 4063 ... LastLast
Results 39,621 to 39,630 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

sap
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Oooh pretty!!!!!!
    had a sewing machine just like that years ago. loved that machine but lost it in a house fire 30 years ago, if I still had it I'd be using it now.

Blog Entries
    Cathy - here is a pic of the BC on that old 15. Name:  clones and their under side stamps 073.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  125.3 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I'm going to have to have the GKs come over and clean that Singer 15 - maybe they can decide how to paint it...
    Maybe Gracie can paint horses on it or something clever.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    another Singer 15 pic Name:  clones and their under side stamps 056.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  133.4 KB
    and see if the second one opens
    Name:  clones and their under side stamps 060.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  124.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Hi Billy,
    I think this is a wonderful idea. There are so many machines that look so much alike; yet, are made by different companies. Often we are fooled into thinking we have found the jewel we were looking for, and we can't get it to work, then we need help, in trying to get it to work.

We are truly grateful for people like you!
    Barbara

Blog Entries
    It doesn't compare with the Pfaffs, but I saw a nice e machine today. All steel Signature so it'a a MW. Clean and very smooth with the instruction book, every attachment in a compartmented box and all 14 cams. Someone is going to have a nice machine for $40. Cream and tan in color.

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen real many MW machines but so far the ones I've seen have been decent machines.

Blog Entries
    I sold a Singer 128 sewing machine this afternoon. A woman called about it this morning. She asked all kinds of questions. Then she said she would like to pick it up tomorrow. A little later a man called up and said he was a block away and could he pick up the machine for his wife. (for his wife) Sure why not. I hustle around to get it dusted off - look to make sure it still sews. So in comes the man. He looks at the machine and wants it. ok So I showed him how to work it. Then he starts to talk. AHEM. He tried to fix a sail for his sail boat with his wife's real nice Viking embroidery machine and she had enough of that - it was cheaper to buy the Singer 128 from me and make him sew his stuff on that than to repair or clean the Viking. He was getting the hang of the hand crank before he left. I guess he plans to sew on the sailboat - either that or have a real swell boat anchor.

Miriam,

Thanks. It is a 15-30 from 1896. I think it would look great in 'Ferrari Red'.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Cathy - here is a pic of the BC on that old 1

5. Name:  clones and their under side stamps 073.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  125.3 KB
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    So you think it will be a hot rod?
    You have seen me drive haven't you?