Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-18-2015, 08:47 AM

No and I wouldn't recommend it. From what I've seen of the construction of the lids they were never meant to be sat on. A lightweight kid might be fine but I wouldn't want to destroy the lid thru improper use.
Rodney
Old 08-18-2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
No problem. If you post the serial number, someone can give you more information. You do have an interesting stitch length adjustment knob. To me, anyway, it looks older. Chris
Also a numbered tension which did not come standard with the spoked hand wheel either. When this one was taken in to get a motor fitted it got ALL the upgrades!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
Also a numbered tension which did not come standard with the spoked hand wheel either. When this one was taken in to get a motor fitted it got ALL the upgrades!
Thx. When I looked at it, it did look odd but was leery of commenting in case that was standard and I was unaware of that.

Chris
Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 PM

O.K., so, at $40 did I get a good buy? I don't even know that it works. My niece is not into sewing machines, so she didn't try it out. Her husband said that the wheel moved freely. They just say that it's "pretty".
Old 08-18-2015, 08:41 PM

I am afraid that a "pretty" is all the one pictured will be. I did not win the auction or the joy of adding it to my treasured machines. It was missing the shuttle and related parts but it was awesome.

regarding the 1870 Bergmann

Last edited by Wavewatcher; 08-18-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Just a quick reminder to folks that the Victorian Sweatshop Collection will be at the Willits Kinetic Carnival on the weekend of Aug 22 and 23rd. Hope to see some of you folks there. We will be set up in the Mendocino County Museum

Sad to say that due to life and it's twists and turns we will NOT be attending the Kinetic Carnivale this year.
I really wish we could, but it is just not an option at this moment.

The Good news is that my new Granddaughter Kerrigan is now home (her mom and dad are living with us for the time being)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]528203[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20150816_110441.jpg  
Old 08-19-2015, 08:24 AM

Congrats Steve!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:27 AM

Such a beautiful granddaughter, Kerrigan. Life is such a winding road, at times I see myself, saying how did I get here. At this time in my life? I have 4 grandchildren I love each one. My first grandchild and daughter lived with us for time. It was great and also crazy. Each is loved and in my Husband and my home a lot. The oldest 17 and youngest 8. Enjoy your time with them, it will always be the greatest memories.

Last edited by sherian; 08-20-2015 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
O.K., so, at $40 did I get a good buy? I don't even know that it works. My niece is not into sewing machines, so she didn't try it out. Her husband said that the wheel moved freely. They just say that it's "pretty".
I think you did. I also noticed that the stitch length knob was different, upper tension, and the foot controller too. You may need a new spring on the bobbin winder. I also noticed that the needle clamp is backwards.
Check the wiring very carefully before plugging it in, and when you plug it in for the first time, make sure that it is on a GFI circuit.
~Grant~
Old 08-20-2015, 06:21 AM

$40 would be a very good price for a Red-eye in that condition around here. What a wonderful niece you have to buy that for you!