Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3996 of 4419 FirstFirst ... 2996 3496 3896 3946 3986 3995 3996 3997 4006 4046 4096 ... LastLast
Results 39,951 to 39,960 of 44185

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomodachi1 View Post
    miriam: I am interested in purchasing a 1940 221 singer featherweight. Please e mail me @mouse #copper.net
    Thanks tomodachi (lois)
    I don't have one of those any more... check with Cathy.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Can someone help me with finding out about my machine. It's an old Singer that if it wasn't working would make a great anchor. Darn heavy it is. Used to be a treadle but has electricity now. It's serial # is H1549214. I will appreciate any help I can get with this.
    Save the Earth!

Itís the only planet with Chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonTheriault View Post
    Can someone help me with finding out about my machine. It's an old Singer that if it wasn't working would make a great anchor. Darn heavy it is. Used to be a treadle but has electricity now. It's serial # is H1549214. I will appreciate any help I can get with this.
    This should help.

http://www.sandman-collectibles.com/...r-machines.htm

http://www.singerco.com/support/machine-serial-numbers
    ~Grant~

Thanks for the links. I'm still not sure what model it is. I'll keep looking. Thanks again.

Save the Earth!

Blog Entries
    can you post a picture of it?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Sharon, you have a Model 66 produced on August 6, 1907, according to Singer's records. Can you post a photo? What decal does it have? A lotus? A redeye?

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Sharon, you have a Model 66 produced on August 6, 1907, according to Singer's records. Can you post a photo? What decal does it have? A lotus? A redeye?

Nancy
    It has the lotus decals. Some of them are rubbed off, but there's still lots there. I will take some pictures today and try to post them.
    Sharon
    Save the Earth!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomodachi1 View Post
    miriam: I am interested in purchasing a 1940 221 singer featherweight. Please e mail me @mouse #copper.net
    Thanks tomodachi (lois)
    Lois, you can ask us about the FW. Most of the people on here have at least one featherweight! Are you just looking for a 1940 model, or do you have one located and just need some information on the machine?

Nancy

Yes, many of us have a few FWs. I have 4 but not a 1940.

Did everyone have a good Sewing Christmas? My dear DH got me a beautiful spool cabinet..... he thinks I have enough vintage machines. I don't agree with him.

I'm still working on healing the broken arm but the therapist says she thinks I can try to do a little hand sewing now. We'll see how much I can do. I still can't work on any of the vintage machines I got this summer.... no pushing or pulling yet and I will need to do a lot of that to clean them up. But, I'm making progress.